Hi there, Before I completely loose my cool can anyone tell me how to switch ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrp21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Standby Driving me mental!

Advertisement

Hi there,
    Before I completely loose my cool can anyone tell me how to switch the Standby mode off as I'm missing calls and texts. Theres no ringtone when in standby and i only know theres someone calling when the screens flashing.
    The battery life on the Pearl is diabolical as i find myself charging it every 2 days - is this the case for everyone?
    Sorry for my haste - jus a lil frustrated with my new toy already!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    You hold the button on the top of your phone(mute) to enter standby mode and you hit it again to get out of it. I would suggest not using it if you dont like it.

What OS version is your pearl running The original T-MO OS(4.2.0.42) had some issues with standby

Charging you phone every 2 days? thats seems good to me my nokia and other phones last about the same and they do alot less.

Please fill in your Profile information with device and carrier etc... so we may better assist you in the future.

its on orange v4.2.0.64

oh and it goes into standby on its own - without me pressing anything

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    When I put mine in Standby, I still get calls and text. You might want to play around wiht the settings.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just charge it every night like many of us do. I have a charger at home, one at work and a car charger they sell on Ebay for 99 cents.

Also try using the on/off timer to turn it off when you go to bed and on before you get up. This saves the battery and does a reset too which helps sometimes.

ok does anyone know how to switch the standby mode off so my phone doesnt go into standby unless i request it to

rwcohen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA3A1
    Is there a setting that will put the Pearl into standy after so many minutes of inactivity? That would be nice.....

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use the password lock instead of standby. You can adjust how long before it locks but you also get all txt, phone alerts, vibrations, etc...