1) when i press the button to go into standby its all fine but when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
standby and boot issues
1) when i press the button to go into standby its all fine but when i try to come out of standby the phone is not happy about it and gives me an user error sometimes and needs to be completly rebooted...:cry: whats wrong with my phone?
2) also when the phone finishes restarting i get an error (of course its not doing it now ) i think its a user error then i have to tell the phone manually to turn on wireless....
3) and an extra question....how do i change the audio for an incoming text message? i have searched thru every menu and can't seem to find this option....man this phone is extensive ( I Love It )
hi togapiggy! welcome!
Originally Posted by Togapiggy
Lemme see if I can help a little
1) I haven't put my berry in standby mode unless cold-rebooting, so I am not sure what the problem is...would have to see the error too.
2) Kind of same answer as #1
3) go to profiles, then scroll all the way down to advanced. hi-light the profile you want to edit and click on menu then select edit. once inside the editing menu, you can change most all notifications.
*sms = text AND voicemail*
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Before the Pearl, I don't think many BlackBerry users ever turned off their Berries!
As a BlackBerry vet now with a Pearl, I have noticed some odd behaviour which is related to this.
I have never used the top side "mute" button. I have used the hang-up/power button, but that doesn't perform a full power off, just a partial. In fact, I'm not sure of what the difference is between the "mute" and "power" buttons being pressed.
Interesting note about SMS actually being SMS & voicemail.
I've never had voicemail with a BlackBerry, so I never noticed that there is no specific notification for voicemail. Thanks for pointing that one out!
Togapiggy, Welcome to PinStack.
What error code are you getting when this happens? You may have a corrupted OS and need to do a Reinstall, but answer the question first, so we can determine if that is necessary.
Hi togapiggy, welcome to pinstack. Howz it going?
ack! didnt see the advanced tab...ok thats one down...will have to wait till it gives me that error again, but you know how it is, when you want it to mess up it won't :/
thanx for the help guyz
Tags for this Thread