Hello all, first off let me say how helpful this site is. Thanks to all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tonydavis6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Standard Modem Problem

Advertisement

Hello all, first off let me say how helpful this site is. Thanks to all you stackers for your help. Now on to my problem.

OK, here is my scenario. I got a blackberry a while ago, and love it, downloaded many of applications from this site to tweak it out. After reading around the forums I learned I could tether my phone to my lappy to get on the internet. Well, I am running vista and instantly ran into problems. I was getting a error 692. So I called TMO to get some assistance, after being fowarded to 3 different people the guy told me to uninstall my standard modem, well now I cannot for the life of me reinstall a standard modem. I have reinstalled DM 3 times, and when I try to add a modem and try to select from a list it doesn't show me a list, it says i need a disk. Can anyone help me re-install a standard modem, TMO could not help me and left me with basically nothing from a 90 minute conversation. So all you pinstackers it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me overcome this. Thanks in advance.

Tony

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Standard Modem Problem

JerryD

tonydavis6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: Standard Modem Problem

OK wow, after multiple hours I finally got a standard modem installed again. I went looking on my XP desktop and found a file called mdmgen.inf which is what the standard modem is in. Now I am back to square one. I am getting a Error 692 hardware failure when trying to connect. I have tried both ports that the virtual ports are on. Any ideas?