Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by cliffr39 you can turn off the pop up words by switching from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sprint Pearl 8130

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    you can turn off the pop up words by switching from suretype to multitap (hit menu when in a text box)
    as for pics/video Sprint disabled that on their Smartphones.
    How goofy is that?? The new $30 BIS (released along side the 8130) includes a "picture pack" as the rep told me no less than three times. I have had no experience with it mind you, as I'm still toting around an 8703e. But, I thought for sure the MMS was on the 8130 now.

Boo.

feroz no está en línea Stack level 1

dear all, I have BB pearl, can anyone advise how I send business card (contact details) through sms

feroz no está en línea Stack level 1

can every one advise how i send business card (contac details) thorugh SMS

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Don't think you can do it through SMS just send it VIA email.

msfreshnerd no está en línea Stack level 1

i like it so far

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lie07 View Post
    DUDE ITS NOT $30 ANYMORE ,
    today i went to go ask them and said that its not $30, its now $39.99 and you will be able to use as modem.
    The $30 plan includes the BIS service, Sprint TV, unlimited Sprint Navigation, and unlimted text messaging. You can add on a $15 phone as modem package and pay a total of $45 a month for all of the services except for the BES capability. So if you don't need a BES account, your basically paying $5 a month for unlimited text and Sprint Navigation. Not bad IMO.

1hotangel no está en línea Stack level 1

I got the pearl and I love it. And for whomever was questioning whether the sides were plastic, they are not.

The package is only 30 dollars. I am not sure where you saw 39.99 or 50.00. And you can get the phone online or at the store for 199.99. So really, threatening to leave really didn't save you any money. I upgraded my phone online and got it for the same price.

I really have no complaints about the phone with the exception of not having picture mail and not being able to download the ringtones from Sprint. Other than that, its a great phone. Not sure how I ever lived without it.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hotangel View Post
    The package is only 30 dollars. I am not sure where you saw 39.99 or 50.00. And you can get the phone online or at the store for 199.99. So really, threatening to leave really didn't save you any money. I upgraded my phone online and got it for the same price.
    The $39.99 and $50 are the regular BB plans that were out before the new plan. The price difference is a promotion price. Glad you like the pearl!

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

any word on an update to allow for picture texting? how do they make and sell a BB with camera that you can't text pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Why would you want roaming only?
    I can say for me this would be great because Sprint does not offer EVDO in my area, and Alltel does. So, if I could force my BB to roam, I could get much faster speeds. Seeing as I have the free roaming on my plan and all that...

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley View Post
    I can say for me this would be great because Sprint does not offer EVDO in my area, and Alltel does. So, if I could force my BB to roam, I could get much faster speeds. Seeing as I have the free roaming on my plan and all that...
    I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Sprint and Alltel have a data/voice roaming contract and you should be able to connect to their EVDO service. What PRL are you running? The latest is 60611. I checked my other 8830 and it had 60608 on it so I called data support (877-654-9111 Option 2) and asked that my account be flagged for a PRL update. After that was done, I dialed *2 and my PRL was updated. Give that a try.

You should be able to check your PRL version by dialing #4357* and pressing the call button from the home screen.

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

Quote Originally Posted by joeya7 View Post
    any word on an update to allow for picture texting? how do they make and sell a BB with camera that you can't text pictures?
    No, there aren't native "Picture Mail" messaging applications for the BlackBerry on Sprint's network. That definitely has always been a sore point for me as far as it goes with Sprint "Smart Devices".

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Sprint and Alltel have a data/voice roaming contract and you should be able to connect to their EVDO service. What PRL are you running? The latest is 60611. I checked my other 8830 and it had 60608 on it so I called data support (877-654-9111 Option 2) and asked that my account be flagged for a PRL update. After that was done, I dialed *2 and my PRL was updated. Give that a try.

You should be able to check your PRL version by dialing #4357* and pressing the call button from the home screen.
    But even then, if I can't force my BB to roam over on the Alltel network, it will connect to Sprint by default (even though it's only 1X).

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Love it much more than my old 8100. Video capture, video streaming, gps, 2.0 megapixel, music playlists, evdo...gotta love those features not available for the 8100!

mattyontheride no está en línea Stack level 1

i dont pay for anything on mu Blackberry Pearl 8130, Free Internet, Free Texting, EVERYTHING :]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast