Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

News Releases Sprint Introduces the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, A Polished Package To Keep Customers Connected, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Sprint Pearl 8130

Advertisement

News Releases

Sprint Introduces the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, A Polished Package To Keep Customers Connected, Informed and Entertained At SprintSpeed™

First Sprint-powered BlackBerry smartphone to support Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV(SM)
    Built-in GPS, 2 mega-pixel camera, external microSD slot and stereo Bluetooth just some of the many enhancements for this next-generation BlackBerry Pearl

Media Contact:
    Amy Schiska-Lombard, Sprint, 913-794-2947
    amy.k.schiska@sprint.com

BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Fact Sheet (pdf)

Overland Park, Kan. — 10/10/2007
    Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced plans to offer the BlackBerry® Pearl 8130 next month, giving customers the complete BlackBerry smartphone experience, including exciting new multimedia and communications capabilities for both personal and business use. Sporting a thin, sleek design, this amethyst-colored smartphone supports the broadest range of Sprint Power Vision Services ever offered on a BlackBerry device. Besides accessing core capabilities like calendar management, personal and corporate email, and viewing documents, customers can also take advantage of exclusive Sprint services like:
    • Sprint Music Store – Download stereo-quality tracks instantly over the air. Choose songs from thousands of artists in virtually every genre.
    • Sprint TV(SM) – Watch live TV or video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound or catch the latest news, sports, weather, entertainment and movie trailers on the go. Choose from more than 50 live television channels.
    • OnDemand – Set up personal preferences and get customized news, sports, movies, and weather updates all based on your zip code. Stay informed and connected regardless of where you are on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
    • Sprint Navigation – As the first carrier to offer GPS-capable BlackBerry devices, Sprint continues this innovation with support for Sprint Navigation which delivers voice-guided and on-screen turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device, as well as local search and real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
    "The Pearl 8130 is the best BlackBerry candy bar form factor ever launched by Sprint," said Danny Bowman, vice president of customer equipment for Sprint. "Operating on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 combines advanced smartphone features in an innovative design so customers can leave the laptop behind and live large, all at SprintSpeed™."
    Building upon the success of earlier models, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 maintains a stylish slim device and includes several new features including:
    • Built-in GPS
    • 2 MP camera with enhanced flash for pictures and video recording
    • External microSD/SDHC memory card slot for additional storage
    • Enhanced background noise, wind and echo cancellation
    • Stereo Bluetooth® support and 3.5mm stereo headset jack
    • Improved media player and desktop media manager
    "The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 packs an impressive array of communications and multimedia features in an incredibly small, stylish and easy-to-use smartphone design," said Mark Guibert, vice president of corporate marketing at RIM. "We are extremely pleased to introduce the first CDMA-enabled BlackBerry Pearl with support for the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network and a range of powerful Sprint multimedia services."
    Pricing and Availability
    The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available next month online at www.sprint.com, through Sprint Telesales, Sprint business sales channels and retail locations.
    Starting tomorrow customers can sign up to be notified of commercial availability of the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 from Sprint at www.sprint.com/pearl. Pricing will be announced upon commercial availability.
    Standard Vision charges apply to all content downloads and services listed above.

About Sprint Nextel
    Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving 54 million customers at the end of the second quarter 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
    Related Links
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Fact Sheet (pdf)
    Last edited by curve247; 10-10-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Sprint Pearl 8130

I think I will be buying one so I have three to play with.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

didomenico77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Im buying one definately. I've also heard rumors about Sprint adding a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) at $30 a month when this phone drops, instead of the $40 BES. Anyone know anything about this?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

now having the $30 BIS would be great, that would be a reason to get a bb again instead of using my treo, but how easy would it be to get the bb plan with a SERO account? i was told by ecare that they are working on this but did not have a timeframe for completions
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Here is another question, will i be able to switch devices on the BIS site, use my 8703e during week and 8130 during weekend? i remeber seeing this option the BIS site but since i havent been on a bb for a couple of months i dont know if it still offered?
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

bostoneric no está en línea Stack level 2

any guesses @ the pricing

I have $150 towards upgrade just waiting to be used
    add to that my contract is over and they are begging for me to sign a new one...

i smell a good deal for me this time!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Prices are the same for the data plans. The 8130 is $499.99 no contract, $350 with 2 year contract. There will be an instant and or mail in rebate, not sure exactly the amount yet. I saw a couple pix and the color is called amethyst.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Great guys enjoy, I will hold on to my 8703e until the curve then jump to the curve, no big fan of the pearl.

unbreakableblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30463B82

Holy crap that's expensive. $350 w/a two year contract? Oh man, I was looking forward to this but $350 is ridiculous. All that and I still haven't seen definitively if it's Rev. A upgradeable. Any word on that?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~has there been any word on the exact release date for it? I just reactivated my 8703, to get used to using a blackberry again and don't want to pay an etf if I don't have to, in porder to upgrade to pearl.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~has there been any word on the exact release date for it? I just reactivated my 8703, to get used to using a blackberry again and don't want to pay an etf if I don't have to, in porder to upgrade to pearl.
    See attached file...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cp6169; 10-19-2007 at 12:56 AM.

Is that release date sheet correct? I thought the LG Musiq was released way back in July! I've played with it in the store, there is no way it was set to release today.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Correct, the LG was released already. I didnt omit that selection because I wanted to show the originality of the document. However I have now removed the entry to avoid confusion. Thanks.
    Last edited by cp6169; 10-19-2007 at 12:56 AM.

So that was just old?

The pearl is going to be released for sure on the 23rd?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast