hello everyone.... after killing two 8130's according to Sprint and reading through pinstack. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thumbs up sprint 8130 app error 523

Advertisement

hello everyone.... after killing two 8130's according to Sprint and reading through pinstack. I have finally fixed my 8130 app error 523. i got this error message after trying to unlock the vendor themes on the sprint os. I changed all the vendor codes back to their original codes except verizon & att. I also re-installed the desktop manager and now everything works. Thanks to everyone for your help....

Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: sprint 8130 app error 523

Wendycharles

Congrats on figuring out your BB issue at hand

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Re: sprint 8130 app error 523

thanks fritter!
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

sma039 no está en línea Stack level 1

error 523 on 8130

this message has appeared on my phone and it's not allowing me to do anything! Please help!!!

P.s. I'm not used to working with phones, so please give detailed instructions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles View Post
    hello everyone.... after killing two 8130's according to Sprint and reading through pinstack. I have finally fixed my 8130 app error 523. i got this error message after trying to unlock the vendor themes on the sprint os. I changed all the vendor codes back to their original codes except verizon & att. I also re-installed the desktop manager and now everything works. Thanks to everyone for your help....

If you unlocked the vendor themes, then the T-Mobile theme is what probably caused your error. If you want to unlock the T-Mo theme, make sure you delete the two Fav5 files--it's OK to keep the actual theme.

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1

Got the theme but not background

Quote Originally Posted by scottjb View Post
    If you unlocked the vendor themes, then the T-Mobile theme is what probably caused your error. If you want to unlock the T-Mo theme, make sure you delete the two Fav5 files--it's OK to keep the actual theme.
    You are talking about file net_rim_tmo_five.cod right? I did that and it works except the background is blue with Alltel on the bottom left of the background. Any idea why it is not the white background? I put the pink and white TMO theme on my BB. I use Alltel, it's a 8130 os 4.3.
    Thanks for any help.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is a problem with alltel 8130s having the alltel wallpaper attach itself to vendor themes. I had the same issue when trying the Verizon theme on my alltel 8130. I did come up with a workaround you can try.

I loaded 2 or 3 vendor themes on my BB. After the phone was done rebooting, I went in and activated a vendor theme. Usually the alltel background would attach itself to whatever theme I activated first(but in case it doesn't, try another vendor theme you really don't want). So once the alltel background was on the vodofone theme, I activated the Verizon theme and it displayed as it should.

There is a catch though, if you delete the vendor theme with that the alltel pic attached itself to, then the alltel background will then attach istelf to the other vendor theme. So you do need to leave the extra theme on your BB.

It worked for me, let me know if it works for you.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There is a problem with alltel 8130s having the alltel wallpaper attach itself to vendor themes. I had the same issue when trying the Verizon theme on my alltel 8130. I did come up with a workaround you can try.

I loaded 2 or 3 vendor themes on my BB. After the phone was done rebooting, I went in and activated a vendor theme. Usually the alltel background would attach itself to whatever theme I activated first(but in case it doesn't, try another vendor theme you really don't want). So once the alltel background was on the vodofone theme, I activated the Verizon theme and it displayed as it should.

There is a catch though, if you delete the vendor theme with that the alltel pic attached itself to, then the alltel background will then attach istelf to the other vendor theme. So you do need to leave the extra theme on your BB.

It worked for me, let me know if it works for you.....

A-Ha very sneaky, I like it. I will give it a try. Thankyou

strukt99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318b4970
    I had this problem on my sprint 8130 last week. It happened when I tried to move icons with the stock today plus theme loaded. All my icons disappeared. I backed everything up and went to the sprint store. They reprogrammed the phone and I did a restore. Everything is okay now plus I have 6 mb more free memory.