Have not noticed any real differences. - Appears the delay on answering calls is fixed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rommon no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Sprint8130 .57 to .77

Advertisement

Have not noticed any real differences.
    - Appears the delay on answering calls is fixed
    - Still can't send MMS messages
    - Still can't send attachments in email via bes, they always fail.
    - Still get Voice Mail indicator in SMS box. Can't set a different tone for SMS because of this.

Not happy and comments welcomed.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    MMS is determined by carrier. Sprint does not do MMS on BBs at this time, upgrading to another OS will not ever give you this capability until Sprint adds it on their end. MMS is not just added by an OS upgrade, it also requires service books sent by your carrier and server changes on their end.

Voice mail notifications being sent to your SMS box also is determined by carrier. Many carriers do this. Just like MMS ability, changing your OS won't change it, Sprint would need to on their end. Why are you not able to change your SMS tone? or are you trying to set one tone for SMS and a different one for voicemail?

So, for those 2 issues, you would need to switch carriers at this piont to for those to be fixed.

I'm not familiar enough with BES to comment on your attachment issue, so maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that for you.

But YAY your answering calls delay was fixed, that's something positive anyway
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    MMS is determined by carrier. Sprint does not do MMS on BBs at this time, upgrading to another OS will not ever give you this capability until Sprint adds it on their end. MMS is not just added by an OS upgrade, it also requires service books sent by your carrier and server changes on their end.

Voice mail notifications being sent to your SMS box also is determined by carrier. Many carriers do this. Just like MMS ability, changing your OS won't change it, Sprint would need to on their end. Why are you not able to change your SMS tone? or are you trying to set one tone for SMS and a different one for voicemail?

So, for those 2 issues, you would need to switch carriers at this piont to for those to be fixed.

I'm not familiar enough with BES to comment on your attachment issue, so maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that for you.

But YAY your answering calls delay was fixed, that's something positive anyway

the only thing i might add to what was said here is a question on ur sms ringtonne...
    are you making sure you are creating the ringtone in the proper profile.. i remember when i was in BES nothing much was altered but i was setting up the wrong profile edits when i was making changes.. for example.. if u use your profile normal, u would go to profiles>advanced> highlight normal> press the menu button> edit> and change the tone in there.. well that would work the same for all the porofiles.. thats what i had done wrong and never realized it till about a month later.. hope this helps if not im sorry i couldnt help...
    Last edited by Smurf2598; 09-27-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

I guess I'm a little confused on the MMS capability and the OS. From my previous experience I owned a 7100i with stock OS. When the Zen theme became available for it here, I went ahead and installed it. What I noticed was this after first turnup.. Not only did I have the original SMS icon in the normal place, but it was changed to "SMS & MSS" title. However I do agree with you on the carrier capabilities now.

As for the ringtone with Voice Mail alerts & SMS, here is what I am doing. I am going to the Advanced section and getting into the Normal section. I give both "SMS Text" & "Messanger - New Message" two different ringtones. If an SMS message is received it does play back the correct tone, but if Voice Mail message is received, it plays the same tone configured in "SMS Text". I can't figure this one out.

The BES function is another strange one. I even had a coworker attempt it on a curve and it is having the same problem, can't send attachments. Both of which are using the same carrier. I am able to send attachments if I use my alternate POP3 email account I setup on the phone. Our company administrator also states there are restrictions.

One more thing I noticed between .57 & .77
    - When you have your address book opened you can type first character (Find feature) and it takes you right to the S's. Press "go back" and it leaves you in the S's section. When this was attempted on the .57 OS, "go back" always dropped you back to your first entry "A". I have a lot of contacts so that was really annoying in .57.
    Last edited by rommon; 09-27-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rommon View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused on the MMS capability and the OS. From my previous experience I owned a 7100i with stock OS. When the Zen theme became available for it here, I went ahead and installed it. What I noticed was this after first turnup.. Not only did I have the original SMS icon in the normal place, but it was changed to "SMS & MSS" title. However I do agree with you on the carrier capabilities now.

As for the ringtone with Voice Mail alerts & SMS, here is what I am doing. I am going to the Advanced section and getting into the Normal section. I give both "SMS Text" & "Messanger - New Message" two different ringtones. If an SMS message is received it does play back the correct tone, but if Voice Mail message is received, it plays the same tone configured in "SMS Text". I can't figure this one out.

The BES function is another strange one. I even had a coworker attempt it on a curve and it is having the same problem, can't send attachments. Both of which are using the same carrier. I am able to send attachments if I use my alternate POP3 email account I setup on the phone. Our company administrator also states there are restrictions.
    I upgraded my old 8130 to a new OS once, and the carrier I used it from did have MMS for 8130s but my carrier didn't. I had MMS as a menu option with the new OS but could never use it because there were no service books for it and my carrier did not provide for it.

"Messenger new message" is for the BlackBerry Messanger IM application, has nothing to do with voicemail so that's why that won't alert for a voicemail.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Can someone tell me which one I should be chancing for Voice Mail alerts? These are the only ones I have listed.

Browser
    Calendar
    Level 1 Messages
    Messages [Desktop]
    Messages [my pop3 account]
    Messenger - Alerts
    Messenger - New Message
    Phone
    SMS Text
    Tasks
    Last edited by rommon; 09-27-2008 at 12:45 PM.

If your carrier sends your voice mail alerts as SMS then they will be the same ringtone, no way to change that, at least not that I've ever seen or heard of, sorry
    Twitter? My Apps List