I just recently noticed A faint spot on my Pearl screen. I was wondering if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

Spot on Pearl Screen. Not in my Retna lol.

Advertisement

I just recently noticed A faint spot on my Pearl screen. I was wondering if anyone else had this or is it something that could go away after a while. The spot is not that visible but if I tilt the phone downward you can definatley notice it, especially when I compose an email and the background is white. It almost looks like a spot that might of been created by a small magnet. You know as if you were to put a magnet on a TV screen it discolors it. But I didnt think that magnets affected screen resolutions on phones. At least thats what a phone rep told me. Any ideas??? Oh and I have tried taking of the battery, leaving it off for a while, and shutting down the phone for a day. Spot is still there. : (. I mean it doesnt affect the phone but its just an annoying little thing. Thanks.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Spot on Pearl Screen. Not in my Retna lol.

If your phone is still under warranty, I would take it back. Thats if it was my Pearl. It sounds like you have some bleeding in the liquid crystal. And chances are, in time it will get worse. So if it were mine, it would go back to the place I got it.

djterryg no está en línea Stack level 1

i know this post is old, but I have had the same issue on two pearls. Both times I was sent replacments. I am now on my third pearl, this will be the last if it happens again. Some say it may be the phone case with the magnet sold through TMobile

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Quote Originally Posted by djterryg
    i know this post is old, but I have had the same issue on two pearls. Both times I was sent replacments. I am now on my third pearl, this will be the last if it happens again. Some say it may be the phone case with the magnet sold through TMobile
    This has happened to my Pearl also, I'm about to send it back. I don't think it has anything to do with magnets because I've never put my Pearl near one and the problem still occured on the screen.