I felt I should stop thread jacking and just start a thread for my problem, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Spinoff: Unable to Upgrade/Downgrade HH Software

Advertisement

I felt I should stop thread jacking and just start a thread for my problem, and it may sound a little drunken because I had dentist did some drilling and I'm on vicodin ...

To start fresh I uninstalled the desktop software on my laptop, and uninstall anything blackberry related, and also from the security menu on my BB told it to wipe (yeah this was pointless i now see)

My phone reports I have .64 installed (it's the O2 OS)
    Desktop Device's About tab says I have .12 installed (although I installed .14 - whatever)

Objective: Get O2 OS off my phone, Get T-Mobile .64 update ON my phone lol.

Issue: I install .14 desktop software, then install T-Mobile handheld update to laptop also. It asks me "Want to open the Desktop Manager?" I leave the box checked, and hit finish. It opens, and connects to the blackberry and then does NOTHING. So I open the Application loader. It gives me the option to remove apps, and click "Add" to install new ones, but NEVER prompts me to downgrade, or reinstall, or upgrade the handheld software. I even searched on here and tried erasing vendor.xml - No such luck.

Any advice is appreciated, as always.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Great Idea about the new thread, and with the Vicodin, I would hesitate to try anything drastic, until I got over it, but, since you've already done the Security wipe, let's force the issue. Try this:
    Since you have already done it, you can skip step 2.

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to your PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder,
    5. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    6. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
      • Be sure to follow everything carefully, especially the items in Red

Let us know how this works out, or if you need more help with this.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Hey sorry I didn't post an update sooner, but some how while I was under the influence that night I managed to fix it. I'm not sure what I did, but it worked (I think) lol. I know I found that thread with the intructions in red also, but I don't remember following them to closely.

Thanks again

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Glad you got it working.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles