Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am new to forum, so if some of this is duplicated, I am sorry. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ephailey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e90926

Question Speed dial, mp3, dial by number, etc

Advertisement

I am new to forum, so if some of this is duplicated, I am sorry.

1. I can open most emails but when I email me an mp3 file to use as a ringtone, I can not open it. When I click on it I can not get a menu that says "open file" like I do with other attachments.

2. How do I add speed dial numbers larger than speed dial 9? For instance, how do I designate a phone number as storage number 44?

3. How can I delete all the messages on my email message list?

4. Can I set the phone to vibrate AND ring at the same time.

5. Will the Pearl synch with Outlook Express or just Outlook? Why would I want to do either if I am just using Outlook for email and not calendars, etc.?

6. Can I set the phone to ring out loud if I have the wired headset plugged in?

7. If I am calling a company that has a voice mail using dial by number how can the Pearl work with this? For instance, if I am trying to find a guy named Bob, the voice mail system is looking for "262" (abc, mno, abc). I don't know which keys to punch with the Pearl since the number keys do not have telephone letters (like abc on the "2") on them.

Thanks!!!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ephailey, welcome to the stacks. I don't have all the answers, But I will answer what I can someone else should be along to fill in the blanks.

1 unsure on this one do a quick search see if that answers it

2 from what I can gather nothing over 9 for numbers but you can use all the keys for speed dial, even the symbol keys. just hold down the key you want to assign it will ask you if you want to assign a number.

3 in messages folder go to the date you want to delete press menu then delete prior.

4 vibe and ring at same time is a no. sorry I miss it too.

5 unsure on this one too.

6 I think it does it out of the box. can't, test I left my earpiece at work sorry.

7 I don't know about vmail system but for alpha-numeric dialing hold down the alt key while spelling the word and the phone changes it over automatically

not all the answers but a few. as I said somone else will be along to assist you further.

again welcome to the addiction!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

lazer1985 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204c8fa8
    hey welcome to pinstack

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Kayos

Thanks Kayos,

However:

2. Are you saying there are only about 9+ speed dial slots on this phone? My Razor phone held about 100!

3. When I go to the message folder and press menu I do not get a "delete prior". I only get "delete".

6. When I had the wired headset plugged in and then set it on the seat by me in the car, I missed a bunch of calls because they only rang thru the headset.

7. The "alt" key only changes the number keys to letters. The same letters that are listed on the keys. The voice mail systems that I am calling, still are looking for a number tone but a different number tone than I am sending. See example for "Bob" above.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    2 that's how i'm seeing it. could be wrong it's happened before

3 got to messages folder. highlight the date from which you want to delete prior. ie yesterday then you will get delete prior

6 someone who has a headset handy should chime in i'm a moron for forgetting mine.

7 I see the prob might have to wait and see if anyone else got this one I'll searc around to see
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    did a quick search under tone and voicemail found this. might help

If you've tried from your BB device, you'll notice that the number keys on your QWERTY keypad don't jive with the number keys on a traditional telephone/cell phone keypad. Well, in case you just really wanted to know how to do it from your BB...here's how:

- Just hold the ALT Key + the letter of the phone "number" you're trying to dial!Your BB will send the correct DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) tone over the "phone-lines" and your call will be completed!

(2=ABC, 3=DEF, 4=GHI, 5=JKL, 6=MNO, 7=PQRS, etc)

Same thing applies when you are connected to a phone call and you are asked by the automated service to enter a last name to go directly to that persons extension or voice mail box!!!

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Kayos

Kayos,

if you are saying to type in "262" for "Bob", I agree that will work but I don't always remember which numbers go with which letters on a normal telephone dial. If you are saying that there is a way to use the alt key to type the name in, I did not follow you.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    gotcha sorry. I don't know, let's see if someone brighter than me pops in here soon. sorry

Langen no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ephailey
    I am new to forum, so if some of this is duplicated, I am sorry.

1. I can open most emails but when I email me an mp3 file to use as a ringtone, I can not open it. When I click on it I can not get a menu that says "open file" like I do with other attachments.
    Emailing an Mp3 to yourself is a very expensive way to put a song on your phone. I would suggest using the USB cable and BB software that came with the phone to transfer mp3's.

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Ephailey, when you are in a call and hold the ALT key + a letter it will auto convert it to the normal tones.

i.e if u need to type BOB for a conventional phone it would be 262 but with the pearl you would hold down ALT and type the letters listed on the pearls keypad for bob (it converts it to the conventional phone and uses 262) I havnt got a system to test it with so give it a go and let us all know.

Hope that makes sense.
    K

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Alt Key

Alt key just appears to convert numbers to letters. I'll just try to memorize the keys to use on a phone pad.

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Update

Mine was the original post. Thanks to all.

Any thought on one item:

"5. Will the Pearl synch with Outlook Express or just Outlook? Why would I want to do either if I am just using Outlook for email and not calendars, etc.?"

Also, I tried to use the usb to load a mp3 and could not get the mp3 file on the left side of the page (computer) to the right side (blackberry) but I will read up on what's wrong unless someone has an idea of what is wrong.

portal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052E55D
    ephailey, you're not listening to what they're telling you; do this for a test. hold the alt key and press "8 . 8" (so BOB on the blackberry) and then press talk. if you notice when it calls; it dials the number as 262.

8lackPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECF97
    I didn't think it was possible but it works! You just hold alt and multitap whatever name you are looking for.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    thanks guys. I thought I was loosing it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast