Well I don't know if I'm late on this one but my wife had gotten ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2

speck case and storm venting

Advertisement

Well I don't know if I'm late on this one but my wife had gotten a plastic case for her curve made by speck that covered everything except for the keypad which means it covered the screen.I finally found the same one made by speck for the pearl. Just ordered it! I got it for $20 off of amazon if any of you wanna know. Now to vent. Since my wife got her curve, I've been noticing that my 8100 pearl is starting to become outdated. It has no GPS, no wifi, no full screen video player, etc. I still love my pearl but I am waiting for my contract to be up so I can upgrade. I finally got my first chance to play with the storm today and it is awesome. I love the fact that the whole screen is a button that you actually have to press down on to get somewhere. I'm air there are some things that aren't great on it yet but this is the first version of the storm so I hope by the time I get one it'll be all worked out. Anyone know if the storm will be coming out for any other carriers ever? Oh well doesn't matter ill just have to switch to verizon. I made the mistake when I bought this pearl because I bought when it first came out and just a month or two after, they were coming out with pearls with new features (8110, 8120) and colors then the curve came out. So ill be happy to wait a little on the storm. Congrats to all who got one!

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2
    GPS via BB maps or google maps

The 4.5 os has full screen video player.
    And 4.5 you can stream youtube.

If you want wifi BB pearl 2 has that feature.

Don't feel bad. Its still good equipment.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is 4.5 really worth it? I heard that its is great as far as features but not so good for your phone. Does it make your phone run a lot slower?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Soem phones are running slower...and I believe that problem was depednant on which 4.5 was being used---ie: was it an early beta vs a current legit release.

Give it a go, and see if it works...if not, downgrade.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

rayrayz98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20EFD4D8
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrhang View Post
    Is 4.5 really worth it? I heard that its is great as far as features but not so good for your phone. Does it make your phone run a lot slower?
    Its very worth it IMO. I did the 4.5 upgrade on my 8100 last week and i am more then satisfied. The revamped Multi-media management alone makes it feel like a whole new fone.