Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know how to type the curly bracket characters? { }... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drmdub no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20562fd8

Question Special Characters { } curly bracket

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to type the curly bracket characters? { }

nrwilk no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Special Characters { } curly bracket

Quote Originally Posted by drmdub
    Wow, I can't believe that I hadn't noticed they were missing yet.

This is a bad omission. Needs to be fixed. Unless we are just missing them...
    nrwilk

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

The curly brackets are located within the symbol menu. If you hit your symbol key this will bring up a menu of different symbols that aren't available immediately from your keyboard. The { is the letter e and the } is letter d.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixtc
    The curly brackets are located within the symbol menu. If you hit your symbol key this will bring up a menu of different symbols that aren't available immediately from your keyboard. The { is the letter e and the } is letter d.

I hope this helps.
    Not for me.

My [ER] key is the _ (underscore) symbol on the first page, and the ) (right parenthesis) symbol on the second page.

My [DF] key is the ; (semi-colon) symbol on the first page, and the > (right angle bracket) symbol on the second page.

There are only two pages of symbols available, and french braces are not on either one of them.
    nrwilk

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

u have to scroll down the symbol menu

hope it helps

Well having a 7290 makes a slight difference for me. The curly brackets should be there though. I would assume unless the os we are running are different. I am running version 4.1.0.292

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

No curly brackets on the Pearl that I can find. Only 2 screens of symbols and we got "( )", "[ ]" and "< >", but no "{ }".

PIN/ID
    20562fd8

Quote Originally Posted by nrwilk
    Not for me.

My [ER] key is the _ (underscore) symbol on the first page, and the ) (right parenthesis) symbol on the second page.

My [DF] key is the ; (semi-colon) symbol on the first page, and the > (right angle bracket) symbol on the second page.

There are only two pages of symbols available, and french braces are not on either one of them.
    same with mine.

Well having a 7290 makes a slight difference for me.
    Ah, that would make a difference.

The curly brackets should be there though.
    They are not. There are only two pages of symbols which can be accessed through the [SYM] button. The french braces are not on either page.

I would assume unless the os we are running are different. I am running version 4.1.0.292
    I am running 4.2.0.64 which is what was installed on my 8100 Pearl when I first got it.
    Yes, the Pearl OS is different than other BB OSs (or so I gather).

Quote Originally Posted by azn_skillet
    u have to scroll down the symbol menu
    I have exhausted all two pages of my [SYM] sections, and they are not there.
    nrwilk

PIN/ID
    20562fd8

Well having a 7290 makes a slight difference for me. The curly brackets should be there though. I would assume unless the os we are running are different. I am running version 4.1.0.292
    I have the 8100 v4.2.0.64 (platform 2.2.0.37)

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 8100 v4.2.0.64 (platform 2.2.0.37)
    And I'm running Cingy .71 on a TMo Pearl.

Well maybe some of our bb geniuses here at Pinstack can give us their opinion on this one because it the curly brackets can't be found in the symbol menu one of two things happened either it is hidden in the symbol menu and you will have to scroll down and see if there is row underneath the rows that are visible. Or they removed these brackets from version 4.2.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

maybe it has something to do with not having the extra languages support installed? the only language on my phone is english. can someone confirm this? i like having the optional charaters.

maybe should be mentioned in the suggestions for RIM forum... extra (foreign) letters and extra symbols (greek, math, currency, english punctuation all the ones from symbol key plus more, spanish, french, etc. like what you get with windows character map). built into keypad press, even without having multi-languages support installed. (better yet more memory so can keep all languages) it would also be nice to have add on symbol packs optional, like for science, astrology, hebrew, obscure languages, whatever, etc... and a short cut key to smileys! (with a key press to get smiley and then another option to select from variety of faces :-) :-( B-) :* :'( 8) :0 and so on (my old phone the '1' key had the smilies or any symbols i used often (...), i could select the smiley then use the right-left-up-down key to run through series of (faces/emoticons) til find the one i wanted (sort of how the trackwheel works in giving you various options while typing)... having to use the symbol menu for one character at a time seems awkward and slow. the symbols divided amoung/added to the letter keys might be faster (they could print a little business card size reference chart)...

Well with all that said maybe one of our gurus have some input on this matter. For me I can access the curly brackets but for you guys it seems not visible. Is there someone out there that maybe able to shed some more light on this topic?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is not a hidden line of symbols below the point to which we are scrolling. It says "page 2/2" and, I cannot scroll any further.

I have all the languages installed, and there are no french braces.

I am almost positive that they just do not exist with the OS which we have at this point.
    Last edited by nrwilk; 03-08-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    nrwilk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast