i recently got a new pearl that was formally a t-mobile phone, i got the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kage408 no está en línea Stack level 1

speaker phone only

Advertisement

i recently got a new pearl that was formally a t-mobile phone, i got the phone unlocked and put my cingular sim in it and now the phone only works in speaker mode. it worked normally when it had a t-mobile sim. i was wondering what i could do to get it working right again. is it possible to delete the t-mobile os and add the cingular os as well. thanks alot, im pretty new to this forum and this is my first bb so any help would be greatly appreciated.

moxiejones no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F70A1E

Re: speaker phone only

hey, welcome to pinstack.
    i was having similar issues with my pearl when i first got it. did you do a battery pull? that seems to fix a lot of problems. take the back cover off, and pull out the battery (do NOT turn the phone off before you do this). leave it out for about 30 seconds and put it back in. after it initializes, check to see if it works.

i hope this helps!

-mox

Quote Originally Posted by kage408
    i recently got a new pearl that was formally a t-mobile phone, i got the phone unlocked and put my cingular sim in it and now the phone only works in speaker mode. it worked normally when it had a t-mobile sim. i was wondering what i could do to get it working right again. is it possible to delete the t-mobile os and add the cingular os as well. thanks alot, im pretty new to this forum and this is my first bb so any help would be greatly appreciated.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Can you stick a TMO SIM in and really see if that is the issue? Sometimes they just quit. Post back let me know.

kage408 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the quick responses, i tried pulling the batery and that was a no go, and i dont have access to a tmo sim either. if the speaker has gone out what options do i have? the phone was a gift, is there a manufactures warrenty to get it fixed or is the warrenty only through your provider?