Ive noticed a few people had problems with the handset speaker breaking but the main ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mattack no está en línea Stack level 1

Speaker only works when pressing pearl?

Advertisement

Ive noticed a few people had problems with the handset speaker breaking but the main speaker still working. My problem is the complete opposite.

I got a refurb blackberry pearl from Cingular / ATT for 59.99 when I decided to upgrade my 7105
    Anyways, ringtones, and media sound and alarm and anything else that uses the external speaker only plays sound when I put light pressure on the pearl/trackball!

Could this possibly be an O/S issue? Im using 4.2.0.71

Or should I just send this thing back to Cingular?

Thanks in advance for your help.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Speaker only works when pressing pearl?

Welcome to Pinstack!

You can definitely try upgrading the os, not sure if it will work but worth a shot. The other thing will ATT take the phone back. I thought it was kinda like a final sale type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Welcome to Pinstack!

You can definitely try upgrading the os, not sure if it will work but worth a shot. The other thing will ATT take the phone back. I thought it was kinda like a final sale type of deal.
    Gee... sure hope they will take it back, that would be pretty poor if they didnt. When I read a forum about the deal going on, I know one person had a problem with their refurb, and they ended up getting a brand new one for their troubles.

Seems like a short to me.

Anyone know where Cingulars 4.2.1.73 is?
    I can only find 4.2.1.71 which I already have.

Found that if I apply slight pressure anywhere near the pearl (screen or silver shroud) I get sound, so there must be a short in the phone. Called AT&T and after a half hour they decided to send me another refurb. Hopefully I will have better luck with the new one.

Thanks