I noticed that the speaker has strong magnetic field that it attracts safety pins kept ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Speaker attracts Iron items.

Advertisement

I noticed that the speaker has strong magnetic field that it attracts safety pins kept close to the phone. Is this expected to have such strong magnetic field. i tried keeping a piece of paper to reduce the magnetic field but to no use. Anys suggestions here...........

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    There's nothing you can really do about that. I think every kind of speaker has some sort of magnetic field.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2
    a piece of Saran Wrap may work better...

n16ht5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah.. I work in a steel mill, loads of dust. My BB is still alive, so you should be ok..

I just take the cover off and try to blow out whatever I can every so often, and call i tgood.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB's are made to interact with magnets, thats why most of the cases made for them have magnets in them- to let the phone know when it is holstered. there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent your device from attracting anything ferrous(magnetic). if you wanna have fun messing with a nature-nut buddy take your BB with you on a camping trip and keep it next to their compass!!!
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!