Can someone tell me why I get quite a few spam messages thru to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jillzie no está en línea Stack level 2

Spam in Gmail

Advertisement

Can someone tell me why I get quite a few spam messages thru to the blackberry that go right to the spam box on the computer? By that I mean in my gmail on the computer the emails go to the junk box...but on the blackberry they come thru. I can't figure out why this is happening. But I have many spams getting thru and it is really annoying.

I by the way am new and got a blackberry a few days ago I am in Canada with rogers. I love it!
    Thanks.

Jill

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165
    Same thing happens with me, I just delete them, but since you posed the question, I spent some time in GMail tonight and figured out that the only way to stop this from happening is to create some sort of filter, as with all things, this won't be infallible and it will be time consuming. You can create a general filter.. I would look in your spam folder, pick out the top 10 or 20 words that you see in the majority of your spam subject headers, and use them to create the filter in the "Has the Words" filter box.

Give it a whirl and let us know if this slows down your spam coming to your blackberry.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321
    hmmm..the filters would work. However for me, most of the spam emails do not get sent to my phone (thank god). For the spam emails that do get sent to my phone, those spam emails would also be already in my inbox, meaning that GMAIL did not catch them in the first place. If there is an option to unsubscribe to the emails that you are getting, then you should try that.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Strange how spam works, I have 3 gmail accounts coming to my phone and no spam(knocking on wood as I type).
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

garran no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have my Gmail account setup to filter the contacts I want pushed to my Blackberry. I found this much more useful than attempting to filter-out the spam messages.

Everything else remains in the inbox for retrival by laptop.

Jillzie no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't set a filter to "has the words"...I only have four options...from, subject, to and cc...so that limits what and what I can not filter I guess.

Thanks tho.

Jill

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jill:

Do you have gmail forwarding to your @rogers.BlackBerry.net email, or do you have the Rogers BIS retrieving the gmail and delivering it to your BlackBerry?

I too am with Rogers and use gmail on BIS (among others).

The emails which gmail filters into its "spam" folder are NEVER delivered to my BlackBerry.

Are the messages you get on your BlackBerry also in gmail's inbox?

There could be a couple of things happening here:
    #1 - forwarding gmail instead of BIS
    #2 - gmail is not set to turn on its own spam filter

These may not be a solution for you, but they are things to be considered.

I have a strange feeling that you are forwarding gmail, and getting EVERYTHING, including spam. If you have your gmail on BIS and you do not have yourself filtered, then you should be getting your sent messages from the BlackBerry on gmail back as new incoming messages, and you didn't mention that. But this is only my theory.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Jillzie, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b