Hello All, My pearl has been randomly going into SOS mode for no apparent reason. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

daguiii no está en línea Stack level 1

SOS Mode

Advertisement

Hello All,

My pearl has been randomly going into SOS mode for no apparent reason. I thought initially it was because I might be traveling through a no-service area but when I turn the phone off and then on again I get my bars back. Its annoying as hell as you can imagine. Can anyone help?

Im running v4.2.0.73 with AT&T

-daguiii

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Re: SOS Mode

ive had that problem with a few phones, My Pearl stared doing it pretty bad (at least once a day), around a month ago... i was running Rogers 1.94 at the time, now ive upgraded to AT&T 1.96 and it seems to have helped.

with my other phones this seemed to start happening after they had taken their fair share of abuse, but ive only dropped my pearl a few times so im hoping its just software related.

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2

Usually it's a battery pull issue (wait a full minute for the reset) . If it keeps happening, call the carrier and ask if they are upgrading or doing work in your area... that happened when I was at my mom's a few months back.
    245869B3
    AT&T Curve Since 3/2008
    AT&T Pearl (for a year)
    Sprint 8830 (for a year)

mcclafferty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had this problem with my T-Mobile Pearl. If it is prompting you to insert sim card then the tab that holds your sim card in is loose. I just put a piece of tape over my tab since it stopping locking down altogether. If not, try reloading the os..... that normally fixes everything