I've had my Pearl for about a week, and I'm curious about sorting methods for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TheAtwookie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23feac94

Sorting messages

Advertisement

I've had my Pearl for about a week, and I'm curious about sorting methods for messages.

I have just been using the "Messages" application, and it includes -EVERYTHING-. Is there any easy way to make a short cut (like for e-mail, as my provider makes for my e-mail box).

Can I make one for SMS, missed calls, etc? SMS is the most important one. I know I can go to "View Folders" and view them that way, but if there was a faster way to look at them other than the view that has all message types lol.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Sorting messages

The newer OS's have an option for separate folders for SMS and E-Mail. I'm not sure the first OS to have that option. If you just want to separate them to look at them, you can always go into your messages, click the options button and click "View Folder." You will be able to see whatever you want - call logs, mms, sms, etc.

Hope that helps.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Actually that separation is between SMS/MMS and all other messages. That means your text in one and email, missed calls, PINs and all that sort of stuff will be together. For the most part it's a good enough separation for people.

You can always use the icons for your emails account too. If you need help upgrading there's links in my signature and tecrishons sig too.

TheAtwookie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23feac94

Yeah, I like the one for e-mail, and I was going to see how to "create" one for SMS that only shows incoming SMS. And maybe on e-mail how to just show incoming ones as well, as opposed to both incoming and sent.

Blackdevice no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone help me send my sms in my phone into my SIM CARD....am i able to do tht pleasee reply thanks a lot

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevice
    Can someone help me send my sms in my phone into my SIM CARD....am i able to do tht pleasee reply thanks a lot
    I think the Save Option sends them to the SIM card.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by TheAtwookie
    I've had my Pearl for about a week, and I'm curious about sorting methods for messages.

I have just been using the "Messages" application, and it includes -EVERYTHING-. Is there any easy way to make a short cut (like for e-mail, as my provider makes for my e-mail box).

Can I make one for SMS, missed calls, etc? SMS is the most important one. I know I can go to "View Folders" and view them that way, but if there was a faster way to look at them other than the view that has all message types lol.
    Try going to Messages/Menu/Search/Menu/Recall. Do any of these look like what you want? If they have a letter in paranthese, you can press ALT + the Key to invoke that filter when in the messages list. You can also create a few of your own and assign alt Key shortcuts to them

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Blackdevice no está en línea Stack level 1

It still wont work.....i dont really understand it is there like a simple way wer u can jus transfer ur sms to SIM CARD