Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I took some pics with me and was pretty impressed with what I saw all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lee Ann1365 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF7211

Re: Sorry but...

Advertisement

I took some pics with me and was pretty impressed with what I saw all things considered. I don't really care much about the camera anyway. I've got a nice camera to take pictures with.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

yeah the camera isnt that great, basically this is is the first camera phone from blackberry, so i really wouldnt expect good result. Its a phone and i have my canon powershot sd600 handy.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You want a "real" camera?

Get an SLR, or better.

The BlackBerry is first and foremost an email device. Don't expect it to do anything it's not intended to do or promised to do.

I would never, NEVER replace my Canon Digital Rebel XT with a built-in camera on a phone. Just not going to happen!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And remember RIM is in the business to make a profit, not subsidise cell phone companies/users, They have to make a Price Point decision on each feature added to the BB and then do a cost analysis to determine just how much can be spent on that feature.

Apparently for the cost to the user of the Pearl, the available camera capabilities for the Pearl Price Point came up 1.3 MP. As I asked before, how much more would you have paid for a better camera, and what would that price point done to the sales of the Pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Bottom line if your indoors and in low light conditions the camera will not take good pictures. If your outside and or in high light it will take amazing pictures.. I have taken GREAT pictures with my 1.3 mega pix on the pearl!!! I also use a simple editing tool to adjust the color contrast and sharpen the image and it comes out almost as good as my 6M camera! I think this is one of the better cell phone cameras To date and being that its on my blackberry its the best camera ever! try taking your ipod your digicam and your cell phone and then oh ya your PDA to do everything I can do with Just my pearl in habd
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I'm all for the convenience of having a camera on my BB. Quick pics while out and about and those impulse shots are fine with this device or most other 1.3mp camera phones, SK3 included. Especially with having a 4 year-old son and some of the crazy things he does when I don't have the family digital camera with me. I agree on both sides of this front. The quality isn't great and it would be awesome to eliminate carrying another digital device. On the other hand this has all of the features of a bulky BB with the convenience of media and phone features and it's three times smaller than the SK3. I'm all in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12