I'm having trouble putting songs on my blackberry! My co-worker has a BB and he's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TyRenee no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Songs/Media Manager

Advertisement

I'm having trouble putting songs on my blackberry! My co-worker has a BB and he's informed me that he didn't have to download desktop manager to get songs on his. (He has the curve) ... However, when I hook my BB with the USB to my computer and pull up Windows Media Player, it doesn't recognize it so I can't sync any music.

I have desktop manager but the "media manager" option is missing and everytime I go back to download it, it gives me an error message that I need more space on my computer. It's frustrating that the program requires so much space/memory which means I have to erase other things that I'd rather not in order to get music on my BB and get Roxio downloaded.

Is there any other way to download music on your BB besides using the Roxio Music Manager? I've heard people say they use their I-Tunes. My I-Tunes doesn't recognize my BB when it's connected. I don't see how it would. So I'm confused as to how other people get a connection with their BB on their times.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey TyRenee!

This might be of interest to you:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices.../mediasync.jsp

Also, you DO have a media card installed in your device, correct? And do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled on the device? If so, then you should be notified when you connect your device to the PC that there is a mass storage device connected and therefore enable you to drag and drop the music to your device.

I am new to the whole media card thing, so others will be more helpful, but above are the basics you should be aware of.

Hope this helps!

Roger

Logical_psycho no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248711DD
    Not hard to do just use a card reader than just drag and drop

Thanks RoGro! Maybe it will help if I brought a microSD card ... lol ... no wonder it didn't recognize it. And I'd rather download that link than use the Roxio Media Manager esp since it works with I-Tunes!

What's the average cost of an micro SD card?

Also what would be the best size card to buy? I'm going to NYC on Friday and will be listening to music on the flight and during layovers.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    hey TyRenee...

there are some sites that have full mp3's for you to d/l from using the BB browser. I've used:

http://wapking.net

check out this thread as well:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=14257

Also, I personally have a 4 GB microSD card. I have 47 full mp3s on it so far along with ring tones, pictures and i still have 3.5 GB left.

OH! btw... I have a sandisk microSD, but the prices will vary depending on the size and brand I believe. A 4 GB card might be around $50 give or take a few dollars. Look around for some good deals online! I was able to get a good deal a while back.
    Last edited by e-berry; 08-20-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: micro SD card pricing
    --
    More than meets the eye.

Thanks eberry! That helps a lot! I see Best Buy has a 4GB on sale for $29.99.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The size card you can use is determined by your OS version.

4.2.0 and below is a 2gb max
    4.2.1 and above is a 4gb max
    4.3.0 and above is an 8gb max

There are great deals to be had from various web sites, so do a google search for microSD cards and you'll find something!