Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to BB and I've been trying to figure this out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blisterberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Songs cutting off

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to BB and I've been trying to figure this out with no luck. The songs that I've loaded onto my microSD card seem to cut off a few seconds early when I play them through the media player. I tried putting them on my card by using the Media Manager as well as by drag-and-drop in Windows, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Songs cutting off

Are you just listening to them or are you trying to use them as ringtones?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by bodiesboy06 View Post
    It shouldn't make a difference
    Actually there was an issue with songs cutting off when using full songs as ringtones. Therefore I'm just trying to narrow down the possibilities so we can help blisterberry further.

Listening to them using the built-in media player.

For example, when I play one song on my laptop, it'll play for 3:36 or so, but when I transfer to the microSD card and play it on my Pearl, the length it shows at the bottom left-hand corner will be something like 3:28 and obviously the song cuts off. I don't understand why that gets changed. Do I need to fix a setting somewhere?

I'd appreciate any help.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

It sounds like a bug in your media player, to test it out try downloading xPlayer...its free, that plays perfectly for me, you can setup playlists and everything!! I use that one instead of the stock one!!...try that, and maybe that will narrow down your problem

I think you're right. I tried using xPlayer and it doesn't cut the songs off. However, it didn't seem to want to play some of my songs at all.

I guess what I'd like to do is to delete the built-in media player and download the same thing without the bug. Is there a way for me to do that?

PIN/ID
    STACK

It could just be how the files were ripped. Where did you get the files from?

Some I ripped from CDs and some I downloaded. I'm inclined to think that it's not the files because they play fine on my laptop.

I just noticed that when the media player loads those certain songs, I can see the correct length in the bottom left-hand corner for a split second before it changes to the shorter length as it starts to play (e.g., it'll show 4:31 for half a second and then as it starts to play, and for the rest of the song, it'll show 4:17).

Like I was asking, if it's a problem with the media player (that came preloaded on my Sprint Pearl), can I delete it and download a bug-free version somewhere? Would that work?

OK, after all this I tried changing the files on my computer from mp3 to wav and putting them back onto the microSD card. For whatever reason, this seems to fix the problem. So now all I have to do is repeat this with all my broken files. Wonderful.

Anyway, a sincere thanks for your help in diagnosing my problem!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well glad that it worked out for you....we pointed you in the right direction, and you took it the rest of the way! Good job, how did you like the xPlayer??

Thanks again! The xPlayer seemed pretty good except that it had trouble playing a few of the songs. Haha, I figured I had enough on my hands trying to troubleshoot one media player issue, so I didn't check it out fully. I'll try playing around with it some more later on.

Ah I see.....wish you well!!