ok just noticed my bb's trackball housing (inner white ring), underneath the chrome ring is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

somethings loose - it rattles

Advertisement

ok just noticed my bb's trackball housing (inner white ring), underneath the chrome ring is loose. I shake my phone and hear this rattle. The trackball itself works completely fine, but it's annoying to hear this rattle even if i'm scrolling up and down fast. Is anyone experiencing this do I need to replace the housing? or can i tighten this someway? or Are all pearls like this? ..........Yes My audible roll is on mute.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: somethings loose - it rattles

You can always remove it and see. You can just pry the silver part up with just a finger nail. Just don't use too much force or you might break the tabs, but it will take some force to get it loose.

Just be careful with the metal piece that actually holds the assembly in, it's very delicate.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I just gave my phone a shake and can't hear anything rattling. It doesn't sound "normal" to me, but if everything is working, I guess I'd try to let it go.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

thanks Red! I manage to remove the assembly - everything looks the way it should, it just that its not snug so i guess i have to live with it.

mine rattles too...and the battery doors makes an annoying sound..if u hit it.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

it's probably that thin aluminum "brace" thing that goes on top of the trackball assembly. mine got a bit bent and loose when i was cleaning my pearl so i just removed it.