I have a 8220, I did an OS update from 4.6.0.151 to a 4.6.0.180 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

caker009 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    257704EA

Something is killing my battery!

Advertisement

I have a 8220, I did an OS update from 4.6.0.151 to a 4.6.0.180 and now my battery drains in about 8 hours! I keep the Bluetooth and WiFi off when I'm not using them and I use the phone as much as I usually do.
    Anybody have an answer?
    Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Assuming nothing else changed - be sure that you don't have some periodically-updating prg running in background - you may want to go back to your previous release.

Any other 8220 users have this issue or can shed light on this user's problem?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    go to 222.. and make sure you turn off your wifi and BT if your not using it.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    You might also want to make sure that you don't have any IM app's logged in.

ifillchris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Yeah I'm experiecing the same thing here. I'm going to do a O.S re-install and strip all the unessary programs and apps...see if that helps any

kittenprincesss no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think you need to make sure you don't have games still running... because I'll just close my phone in the middle of a game/application & it's on hold until I come back.. and that drains the battery..
    you have to manually "close" the applications

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Many times its happened to me when I did os updating like I did from 4.5.0.110 to 4.5.0.124 eventually I made downgrade and my battery comeback to function great
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~