Please pin message me I need your help ! Pin is in my siggy !... BlackBerry Pearl forum

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

Someone familiar with parallels

Advertisement

Please pin message me I need your help ! Pin is in my siggy !
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Re: Someone familiar with parallels

Hey USArmyWife,

If you would, explain a bit on your question?
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    Hey USArmyWife,

If you would, explain a bit on your question?
    she's talking about parallels on a mac. its an application that lets u run windows on mac os. i used to have paralleles before, but now i run bootcamp. have pinned u army wife. will help as much as i can remember.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

sent you a PIM - I have a feeling you'll be having some problems-saw parallels and bootcamp demoe's on the new power macs - was not terribly impressed Better to buy a cheap Dell, I think!

huyaroo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FE42EE

Heard it won't sync with Parallels, you gotta use bootcamp. I am using PocketMac for Blackberry from blackberry's site and it was able to sync my contacts and such. That's all I needed anyways.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

might get faster help here on the thread with several "heads working together" than via PIN.

As for my experience with parallels, it will work just fine for doing backup/restore, but not for doing OS upgrades/downgrades.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

K hey thanks for the answers . So I noticed I had parallels downloaded on my computer by my brother in law but when I asked him about it he said he didn't know if he finished setting it up. So I started it up and it brings up a screen then does nothing lol. I have nooooooooo idea what to do or how to work it or to even know if its complete. What is it supposed to do when you start it ?
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

sele no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You have to have a copy of windows that when installed using parallels will allow you to run windows on your mac. This will allow you to run programs that are only made for windows. If set up properly when it starts and you push the play button you see windows loading. Hope this helps.

well it comes up the like the windows black screen when your computer shuts down wrong and asks wether you want to start in safe mode and stuff like that. But does nothing else.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

sele no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyWife
    well it comes up the like the windows black screen when your computer shuts down wrong and asks wether you want to start in safe mode and stuff like that. But does nothing else.
    sounds like windows did not install properly. if you still have a windows disk you can start parallels, then click on file in the menu bar, choose new, and it will step you through installing another "virtual machine." hope this helps.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I wouldnt say it wasn't installed properly (could be) - I had the same thing w/ Parallels a few times. It would work fine and randomly just give me the safe mode option and not let me get beyond it.

Are you using XP or Vista? You can try and re-install the OS, but if you haven't really gotten in yet to customise it, I'd just wipe out the partition and start w/ a new one.

Parallels seems kind of finicky - at least in my experience.. its got the best features of all the virtualizations, but I'm still not 100% sold on it (even though I REALLY want to be!)

USArmyWife - I sent you a PIN, if you have any questions, feel free to pin me and I'll see if i can help there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."