I have a Tmobile 8100 that sends and receives mms messages fine from other carriers ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

justpassntime no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Why??

Question Someone Explain Tmoblie MMS Problem....

Advertisement

I have a Tmobile 8100 that sends and receives mms messages fine from other carriers but cannot receive or send mms from Tmobile phones. I didn't seem to have a problem until I noticed the name changed from Blackberry Enabler to Voice Add On. What did I loose when they did this? What should my service books look like for mms? Please help Tmobile and Blackberry support are no help.

bjk.qaz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the exact same problem with my Tmo 8900 (I received MMS from a VZ user). After doing some research I found a Tmo TID that explained the problem.

You need to send a MMS message to someone, once you do that, your device is registered on the Tmo MMS database. It needs to be registered before you can pickup that MMS that someone sends you.

It works fine for me now. Good Luck.

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was also told that you can send an mms to yourself. I had to do this about 3 or 4 times before it started working, but it did work eventually.

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    agreed with all of them. send one first, and it should work fine. oddly enough i had this issue with my wife not being able to send me MMS, and we're both on tmo...but once i sent her one, i was able to receive them no problem.

PIN/ID
    Why??

Thanks.....

Thanks for the input, I was able to send one to myself which I could not before. Tried to send one to my wife who is also on Tmobile. She is at work and doesn't get great reception there. Tried last night several times though with no luck. She was able to send and receive to others but not to my phone.

Thanks again will update here when I find out if it worked. Waiting on the wife again....

PIN/ID
    Why??

Question Still no go on TMO mms....

Ok here's the deal.....still cannot receive mms messages from other blackberry pearl on my account mobile to mobile. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Wife's phone can receive my mms messages sent to her but I cannot receive those sent by her. Wife's phone receives messages from everyone and can send to other phones.

I can receive mms from other phones from other carriers but not TMO. I have sent mms to others as well with no problem. I have also sent mms to myself.

So why if I can send to myself and receive mms can I not recieve those mms sent by my wife? Especially when I have received mms from other carriers. Does it not flow through the same channel?

PIN/ID
    Why??

Update...

TMO and Blackberry (RIM) tech support don't know how there phones work! Big surprise, right?

The problem the whole time was my wifes phone TCP properties where wrong. My phone was set up correctly and works correctly. Just because I have a (previously owned) phone that has the Blackberry Exchange locked out they assumed my phone should not work. When the fact is you don't need this service to access the internet.

TMO doesn't know the purpose of the Blackberry Enabler and neither does RIM.
    If you can't pay attention, pay someone who can.