well i messed up my pearl so hopefully somebody can help me. here's what happened: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mapalmer67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

somebody please smack me in the head !

Advertisement

well i messed up my pearl so hopefully somebody can help me. here's what happened: i went to handago and downloaded the free eline software. i got a message on my desk top that said it didn't download becouse there was not enough memory available.which i don't have anything on my BB memory except what came with my BB from at&t. ( i have a 1gig card with about 20 songs and 10 pics but thats it) my mass storage was turned off also when i did the eline download. well i disconnected from my pc and my screen went white with the hourglass going .it wouldn't go away even after i took out my battery and put it back in. so i did a soft reset and got it working again. now the aftermath;my internet icons are gone .so i have no way of getting on there now. my pics are there in the mediacard folder but they won't come up after you click on them i'm getting a unable to display message. click on my music and get the same message there. and whenever i disconnect my battery it locks up again with white screen and hourglass so i have to do a soft reset to get it going again. what can i do to fix these problems especially getting my internet back ?

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

Re: somebody please smack me in the head !

I suggest you reinstall your OS and send service books.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Quote Originally Posted by mapalmer67
    well i messed up my pearl so hopefully somebody can help me. here's what happened: i went to handago and downloaded the free eline software. i got a message on my desk top that said it didn't download becouse there was not enough memory available.which i don't have anything on my BB memory except what came with my BB from at&t. ( i have a 1gig card with about 20 songs and 10 pics but thats it) my mass storage was turned off also when i did the eline download. well i disconnected from my pc and my screen went white with the hourglass going .it wouldn't go away even after i took out my battery and put it back in. so i did a soft reset and got it working again. now the aftermath;my internet icons are gone .so i have no way of getting on there now. my pics are there in the mediacard folder but they won't come up after you click on them i'm getting a unable to display message. click on my music and get the same message there. and whenever i disconnect my battery it locks up again with white screen and hourglass so i have to do a soft reset to get it going again. what can i do to fix these problems especially getting my internet back ?
    Try to resend the Servicebook from your BIS-Account and reregister the Host Routing Table in the Advanced Options

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Palmer

Check out this thread #7
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

Should be about the lost browser and can't read files.

If you're using the DM disk that can with the pearl then its corrupt. Just follow those instructions and you should be good to go.

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

i never knew about a BIS account or sending service books through it till yesterday...

i always reregistered with the network and im more then 75% sure it would send me my service books... am i wrong? its been prolly 7 months....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaie
    i never knew about a BIS account or sending service books through it till yesterday...

i always reregistered with the network and im more then 75% sure it would send me my service books... am i wrong? its been prolly 7 months....
    Registering with the network usually works. Sometimes it won't send them all. Always a good idea to have some redundancy. Make sure all your bases are covered. My roommate is a network admin for a security place. That's where I get that OCD computer stuff. Redundancy is always a good idea.

PIN/ID

will do ,thanks for the replies.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Smack!!!

PIN/ID

thanks i needed that.

hisfattness no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

SMACK