Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum. Just purchased my blackberry pearl yesterday, just have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eric311 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E203DA

Some quick questions

Advertisement

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum. Just purchased my blackberry pearl yesterday, just have a few questions.

First off on my plan I got the $20/month unlimited Blackberry add on. I'm assuming this means unlimited internet access, the guy who i bought the phone from didn't really know much about it. On the phone I played around with the Blackberry e-mail acess for a little while and on the t-mobile website i setup an e-mail address for my blackberry which immediately popped up on the phone. Well my first question is does the unlimited blackberry internet access cover the e-mail usage or will i be seeing some extra charges on my bill? Does this also cover the usage of the instant messenger programs?

I was also hoping someone out there has a TomTom One in their car that they successfully paired with their pearl... I have yet to figure this out and didn't know if anyone could point me towards a helpful tutorial.

Thanks!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    The unlimited data plan covers everything "data" and nothing voice.

So thats email,IM programs and countless others check out our downloads sections for some to start.

And welcome to the Stacks

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2
    The OZ instant messenger programs use SMS messaging.

SMS messaging is -not- by default covered under the standard T-mobile blackberry data plan. they're a dime a piece here.

If you want a Yahoo messenger that uses the regular data plan, download the one from RIM. As for the other clients, do some searching and pick your favorite. (Ramble for example)

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Your pin messages are data also not sms

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    depending on your usage, check out the minutes and mail plan. I have the 1000 minutes&mail plan and it includes unlimited data/mail and also includes unlimited text messages for $59.99. The only con is there is no night/weekend minutes.

I analyzed my usage and rarely go over 1000 minutes including weekends/nights with my previous voice plans, so this plan covers me perfectly.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    eric311, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like everything except the Tom Tom is covered here and since I don't have the Pearl or a Tom Tom, can't help with that.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB. But if you do have questions, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    depending on your usage, check out the minutes and mail plan. I have the 1000 minutes&mail plan and it includes unlimited data/mail and also includes unlimited text messages for $59.99. The only con is there is no night/weekend minutes.

I analyzed my usage and rarely go over 1000 minutes including weekends/nights with my previous voice plans, so this plan covers me perfectly.
    You may want to double check this. I just checked the T-Mobile website and found this plan. It includes text messages, but doesn't say that it's unlimited. Just a heads up. I'd hate for you to get your bill and scream.

Domsa01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Some quick questions

Hi Eric, I have the same problem, I can pair my 8100 with the tomtom one but cannot set up the wireless connection, please let me know if you find any more info/advice...

jjjoi no está en línea Stack level 2

i jus found out with tmobile that the internet plan doesnt include im, it takes it out of your text messaging. but u get emails, internet, etc.. with the 20 bucks

jjjoi no está en línea Stack level 2

better yet, you can im for free w/o using up ur txt msgs. by going to tzones, and then going to aim jus fyi

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome eric311!

swatkins1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203D0203

Anyone get the Tom Tom working with the 8100 yet?