Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so about a month back I had a problem with my BB deleting sms, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jasonroth no está en línea Stack level 2

Some questions about deleting preinstalled stuff on my BB.

Advertisement

Ok, so about a month back I had a problem with my BB deleting sms, call logs, and emails without prompting me or anything, and it seemed to be completely at random. I found out that that was due to a lack of free memory, i apparently had too many apps installed.

My question is this, is it possible to delete the images that came pre-loaded? They are all locked, and I cant find any way to get rid of them. And does anyone know where I can find like a list of everything that i need to keep installed to keep my BB working? There is a lot of stuff in the applications list that i have no idea what it is..

And last question, what is the amount of device memory that the 8130 has? I have a 4 gig micro sd card, but unfortunately I havent found a way to use that memory for apps or anything. I doubt it is possible, but it would be awesome to be able to do it..

Anyway, thanks in advance for you help! Stackers are awesome. lol

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There is a module in the Applications list for the preloaded pictures if you wish to delete it, but be sure to make a backup beforehand and be very careful. I forget exactly what it's called, if someone can jump in real quick and quote it...

You can also delete any unused applications, such as Search, Help, PTT, Voice Dialing, Extra Languages, etc.

Setting the email to keep messages for a shorter time.

Delete the sample video

Store all ringtones, pictures, videos, etc on the media card. No way to install applications on the SD, unfortunately.
    Last edited by BenMarvin; 04-08-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    these are the two files you are talking about

On Qwerty devices:
    net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod (1.7MB)

On SureType devices (Pearl)
    net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod (3.5MB)
    Last edited by Virex; 04-08-2008 at 07:11 PM.

hmmm... i checked in my applications list, and it doesnt have a module that is called that in there... could it possibly be something else? or maybe it is different on the 8130? Thanks ben for mentioning the sample video, i totally didnt even think of that. lol.

wait, I found the module. but unfortunately, i cant see how to delete it...? sorry, i'm kinda a newbie to the BB world.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    these are the two files you are talking about

n Qwerty devices:
    net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod (1.7MB)

On SureType devices (pearl
    net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod (3.5MB)
    I cant find the "net_rim...." file either under applications on my 8130. My preloaded photo files are all around 43kb apiece, so IM puzzled as to how folks figure 2-3 megs for pics? Another post I read mentioned the same size, but their process for deleting was intimidating to say the least.

once you bring up the apps list you push the BB button, and it brings up the list, you go to modules and then it shows all of these files. The one mentioned here by Virex is in there, but there is no way to delete it that i can find. sooooo.... any suggesions?

stuka, where did you find these intimidating instructions about how to delete the photos? I am willing to take on a challenge to create enough room to have more apps without it deleting stuff.. lol

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    you have to delete the module from your computer and the next time you sync you bb with the app loader in desktop manager, it will remove the module. the should be at this location.

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/**your OS verison**/java

oh alright, awesome. i didnt think of that. i will give it a shot. thanks a lot.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    no problem

Quote Originally Posted by jasonroth View Post
    oh alright, awesome. i didnt think of that. i will give it a shot. thanks a lot.
    Did it work? He said, timidly

Found the file/module on my bb, and it does have a delete function listed in teh menu although I didnt try it since you mention deleting it on the pc instead.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    Did it work? He said, timidly

YES!! it worked. awesome. Thank you. lol. i have been trying to figure out how to get rid of those stupid pics for so long! lol

I did as well. Thanks for the straightforward info.

zachary1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unrecognized modules that will be removed:
    net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast