im going completely crazy! i bought a new 8gb card for my pearl and its ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

closetosomet no está en línea Stack level 1

some mp3's wont play?

Advertisement

im going completely crazy! i bought a new 8gb card for my pearl and its great, i got it formatted and everything but when i load it with mp3's, about half of them dont play. all of my music is mp3, vbr 192. its all from the same encoder or emusic. i have 2 albums, both from emusic, and one plays and one does not. it just says "error: unsupported format" even though its not an unsupported format. how can i fix this its the only thing keeping my pearl from being perfect!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've listened to approx. 10,000 different MP3s on my blackberry and the number that won't play is well below 1%, but still it happens.

Th blackberry is very picky about file formats so I suggest you try a different encoder. Audacity seems to be a perennial favorite around Pinstack. Also, it shouldn't matter but I encode all my music at 320kbps.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    Even though the 8130 "supports" the 8gig cards there was a release a while ago that said not to get more than 4gigs because it won't have full support on 8 until a latter OS update. I see it all the time!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shoot i bet the 8 gig card is the problem. it doesnt seem to be the encoder as ive tried playing some that i encoded on lame using eac and alt-preset-standard and one album will play and another wont? it just seems completely random. and it changes from album to album not song to song it seems like. thanks for the info, i hope they update soon to fully support the 8 gig card.

well after further research i read almost unanimously that the 8gb cards didnt work until os upgrade 4.3

im running 4.3.0.65 so theoretically it should work, all the files show up in my media manager but a good half of them dont play....

ok so im out to batch re-encode 8 gb worth of music now. is this even possible in audacity? im thinking about using itunes. what are results with itunes with everyone? any help would be appreciated before i waste hours on this.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i use iTunes. what format are you considering?

just plain old mp3. thats why im confused, my phone is saying it cant playback some lame encoded mp3 files, just alt-preset-standard stuff. 192 vbr.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    maybe the encoder used isnt supported.