Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by bigoats I agree that this flip berry is meant to be a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bigoats View Post
    I agree that this flip berry is meant to be a launching pad for RIM to attract new customers just like the Storm is but in my book, a person who uses those two are not serious BB users.

Now I'd start to get ticked off if i saw 13-15 yr olds using BOLDs only because it devalues the seriousness of the device.

As much as I hate to be using the same phones as these young kids, the popularity gained from this exposure can only help the development of RIM.

As a woman who runs my own business and who owns a storm, I take offense. "seriousness" of a device---LOL---lemme guess, your parents didnt' let you believe in Santa did they?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I disagree with anyone who says any phone is designated for a certain age or gender for the following reasons:

I was 24 (definitely not a teenager) when I got my original Color SideKick and 26 when I got my 7730.

The SideKick is still very popular in a demographical group who otherwise would not have access to a phone to begin with: The Deaf/Hard Of Hearing community. This same thing can be said about the BlackBerry. This trend is slowly changing as I know some Deaf people who prefer the BlackBerry over the SideKick (I'm hearing...I just happen to know some Deaf people and their preferences for mobile communication without being tied to a PC or TTY/TTD).

Now on to those who think the Pearl is only for females and teens: I see males and older adults using Pearls everyday (I just turned 30 and I have an 8100, 8120 and my next phone will most likely be the 8220, see below).

Finally, the 8220: I THINK I saw an adult using the 8220 about a week ago in the mall. This will be my next upgrade if I can get it early.

If anyone disagrees with me, that's fine. I just wanted to state my idea on the situation as I have used a LOT of phones over the years.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-03-2008 at 09:05 PM.

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hey, I just got the Flip and I love it. Am switching devices around (Bold and Flip). I love the fact that the Flip is a full BB device and although it is "entry level" if I compare it with the Bold, it is a very lovable device. Bold for workdays...Flip for weekends and when I am out partying at night (slips easily into my tiny purse).
    8900-user
    DocGo

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have the opportunity to have all the blackberrys available in Canada or soon to be available for me to test whenever i want and i must say, I find myself using the flip more than often.
    Snappy, compact, OS4.6 what else can you ask for ?
    I know, I know *raises hand* for the customs to clear my Storm tomorrow *crosses fingers*

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Based on recent experience, I bet the Storms that Rogers gets, will be far better than those in the hands of Verizon. An interesting situation indeed.

Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBery that just works!

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Here here- I second that, and I don't even own one (8220 that is) - 'least it's not an iPhone- and what's with all the iPhone themes? I didn't get a BB just so I could make it look like an iphone....just a thought-if people want em, keep making them- they're just not for me

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    now that's something we can all agree on- BB's RULE!!

iPhone sucks!
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    now that's something we can all agree on- BB's RULE!!

iPhone sucks!
    I disagree again. iPhone's dont suck. Phones are for the USER not to be rated as "better" or "more adult" ... find the one you want and quite complaining about the other phones out there. Last I checked we were all semi-adults and we didn't need to constantly beat the Jones's.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I haven't met a smartphone I don't like yet. Just some are better than others...
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I disagree again. iPhone's dont suck. Phones are for the USER not to be rated as "better" or "more adult" ... find the one you want and quite complaining about the other phones out there. Last I checked we were all semi-adults and we didn't need to constantly beat the Jones's.
    Wait a minute are you saying BB's don't rule?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6
    I have had my flip for about two weeks now and am really pleased with it. I have been using RIM devices since way back with the 650 series before they had telephones in them and were used strictly for email.

I love how the persons photo from facebook is displayed on the exterior screen as the message is displayed. I have used this ferature countless times when I am stuck in a dreadfully boring meeting. The keys are large and spacious and well laid out.

I love how I can sync with Itunes and carry my music around with me. I have stopped carrying my ipod touch and strictly use my flip.

I find it to be a well made, easy to use bb with tons of features and the extra safety for the interior screen in a small yet powerful device.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidcm2112 View Post
    I have had my flip for about two weeks now and am really pleased with it. I have been using RIM devices since way back with the 650 series before they had telephones in them and were used strictly for email.

I love how the persons photo from facebook is displayed on the exterior screen as the message is displayed. I have used this ferature countless times when I am stuck in a dreadfully boring meeting. The keys are large and spacious and well laid out.

I love how I can sync with Itunes and carry my music around with me. I have stopped carrying my ipod touch and strictly use my flip.

I find it to be a well made, easy to use bb with tons of features and the extra safety for the interior screen in a small yet powerful device.
    Excellent Post! Very well said. I too have lots of BB experience and I truly enjoy my 8220. It's a refreshing change of form factor, and has a lot of very nice features. Those that are being critical of this model, are those that do not own one and have no clue.

Cheers...

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    I think a lot people are turned away because of suretype, or maybe that is just me. After being a full QWERTY guy, I find it not favorable for me (Doesn't help that i have big hands either). Other than that, I love the idea of a flip blackberry and was super excited about new innovations from RIM!

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't understand people who rate their satisfaction with a device by who else is using it. If it fits your needs, who cares?

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah, I try to tell myself that *I* know I'm a "serious" blackberry user, and if someone looks at my flip BB and judges me otherwise, then that is their problem. Although hey, if someone wants to view me as a teen, I'm all for taking 20+ years off my age

But I still find it irritating that people - many of whom have not used it for any length of time - make comments about the flip belonging to the casual category and/or being inferior to other BBs in some way.

After much testing of many BBs, I find myself a much faster typist using SureType than full QWERTY, and IMHO the flip is a step up from the 81XX series since it is running a newer OS. I also really like the larger keys, although they make it a bit harder to type one-handed for me. Last but not least, I LIKE having my screen protected and love the outside notifications.

So I will continue to try to ignore all those casting aspersions on my new favorite BB.....
    Last edited by gritsinct; 12-05-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast