Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

I've said it on numerous threads - the Flip berry 8220 is a entry level ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Some evidence to support 8220 being "entry level" berry

    Advertisement



    I've said it on numerous threads - the Flip berry 8220 is a entry level berry for the "tweens" who have out grown their sidekick.

    Here is some proof- recording artists Scooter Smiff featuring Chris Brown.

    (courtesy of Crackberry.com)

    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pea...er-smiff-video

    8220 gets starring role in this music video
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  2. #2
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    I don't know that I would cram it into that market niche. I have one, and find it to be a nice, reasonably priced BlackBerry for those who are put off by the more expensive and bulkier models. Remember the "tweens" of today will at some point be the leaders of tomorrow. I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and to welcome them into the BlackBerry space. After all, I would much rather see them using BlackBerry's than iPhones.

    Cheers...


  3. #3
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I don't know that I would cram it into that market niche. I have one, and find it to be a nice, reasonably priced BlackBerry for those who are put off by the more expensive and bulkier models. Remember the "tweens" of today will at some point be the leaders of tomorrow. I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt and to welcome them into the BlackBerry space. After all, I would much rather see them using BlackBerry's than iPhones.

    Cheers...
    TMO was recently offering 8220 as a Free phone, which I believe is the first time a Blackberry has been free with a sign up offer. Plus the colors they are available in is also indicative. Not that its a bad thing to attract new users, just an observation.

    Bottom line, its still a Blackberry.
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  4. #4
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164
    i wouldn't exactly call that evidence....

    there really is NO difference in this berry and all the others....except its a flip (screen protected all the time, no scary ghost dialing and it fits snug in my front pocket this devices has hi-resolution screen, external 'sneak peak' of incoming calls, messages, bbm, etc including scrolling thru new messages (so i don't always have to open the bb to check), internal memory, the list goes on

    let's be realistic, those out there that are knocking it, only have some sort of issue with what others will "think of them"

    bb snobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    Plus the colors they are available in is also indicative.

    Bottom line, its still a Blackberry.
    hey, you can't use colors as a reason why you think its for the tweens ... every single new device (81xx, 83xx, 88xx) come in different colors too

    this is RIM pulling away from corporate ONLY and breaking into the consumer world
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 12-03-2008 at 03:24 PM.

  5. #5
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    TMO was recently offering 8220 as a Free phone, which I believe is the first time a Blackberry has been free with a sign up offer. Plus the colors they are available in is also indicative. Not that its a bad thing to attract new users, just an observation.

    Bottom line, its still a Blackberry.
    Well said!

    Your observation of it being offered for free was and is indeed one of RIM's goals. In fact many of the analysts predicted (even prior to the financial collapse) that the 8220 would be offered free by several carriers with new service or other terms and conditions, once the T-Mobile exclusive expires. I believe this will be a very interesting phone to follow. Much like the single most important goal for the Pearl was to be a consumer BB, the goals for the 8220 is to offer a BB in a different form factor, and to make it the least expensive of any prior model.

    Cheers...


  6. #6
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    let's be realistic, those out there that are knocking it, only have some sort of issue with what others will "think of them"
    Brilliant... simply brilliant... heh!

    The weakest link in the chain that so many cling to. "What will others think of me? "

    To which I say... I could care less what they think of me. I celebrate the freedom to be my own person.

    Great points Cherri ...


  7. #7
    bigoats's Avatar
    bigoats no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d423bb
    Posts
    1
    I agree that this flip berry is meant to be a launching pad for RIM to attract new customers just like the Storm is but in my book, a person who uses those two are not serious BB users.

    Now I'd start to get ticked off if i saw 13-15 yr olds using BOLDs only because it devalues the seriousness of the device.

    As much as I hate to be using the same phones as these young kids, the popularity gained from this exposure can only help the development of RIM.

  8. #8
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post



    bb snobs.

    BB ELITIST Snobs...lmao
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  9. #9
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by bigoats View Post
    I agree that this flip berry is meant to be a launching pad for RIM to attract new customers just like the Storm is but in my book, a person who uses those two are not serious BB users.

    Now I'd start to get ticked off if i saw 13-15 yr olds using BOLDs only because it devalues the seriousness of the device.

    As much as I hate to be using the same phones as these young kids, the popularity gained from this exposure can only help the development of RIM.
    As a serious businessman, I'm still a fun loving guy that appreciates a less serious device. Personally I find the BB Flip to be an outstanding model.

    That said, I could not agree more with your statement that the popularity can only help the development and growth of RIM. The more BB's sold, the more we all benefit.


  10. #10
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164
    i've seen teenagers carrying curves too -- in their back pockets (im sure it was a choice of full keyboard -- they love to text ) ... either way, email and wireless connectivity are no longer something for just adults; the kids want to be connected, parents want to be connected to the kids, etc. -- why else would they make MYSPACE for the BlackBerry ... I haven't used myspace in F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

    i guess i don't get it. it does everything that a candy bar BlackBerry does ...

    oh, and i'm a serious user so i've been told

  11. #11
    lesawag's Avatar
    lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    327
    Very well said..

  12. #12
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i've seen teenagers carrying curves too -- in their back pockets
    Every time I see someone carry it in their back pocket, my response is YES!
    Another BB crushed and another BB sold to replace it....


  13. #13
    lesawag's Avatar
    lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    327
    Lol..so true.

  14. #14
    Dream Rider's Avatar
    Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by bigoats View Post
    Now I'd start to get ticked off if i saw 13-15 yr olds using BOLDs only because it devalues the seriousness of the device.
    .
    How is this possible? The age of the user has nothing to do with the "seriousness" of anything!!

    I'm pushing 60 and really like the Flipberry. It is a great phone AND an outstanding PDA. I would be lost without the ability to sync my BB with Outlook. Add to this I can us the Flip to listen to tunes. I had the Curve since it was 1st released and just switched. I like a business tool to be fun and useful.
    Last edited by Dream Rider; 12-03-2008 at 06:31 PM.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

  15. #15
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Rider View Post
    How is this possible? The age of the user has nothing to do with the "seriousness" of anything!!

    I'm pushing 60 and really like the Flipberry. It is a great phone AND an outstanding PDA. I would be lost without the ability to sync my BB with Outlook. Add to this I can us the Flip to listen to tunes. I had the Curve since it was 1st released and just switched. I like a business tool to be fun and useful.
    Precisely! I've said all along, one of the greatest advantages of the BlackBerry platform, is the variety of devices we have to chose from.


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •