hi i sold my 8120 as i have bought the bold, he phone has a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

sold my phone, need to clean stuff off it,

Advertisement

hi i sold my 8120 as i have bought the bold, he phone has a couple of hours to go, whats the best way to clear everything on it and still keep the applications that i have on there.
    thanks

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go to Options, then Security Options (depending on the version of software, you may then have a General Settings selection), then hit the menu button and select Wipe Handheld and follow the prompts.
    You should get a prompt to wipe 3rd party applications - if you want to leave them there, just make sure the check box is cleared.
    Device will wipe and reboot. Once you're back on the home screen, you're good.

Oh...and if you had this on a BES, this won't wipe the IT Policy.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-04-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: s

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Go to Options, then Security Options (depending on the version of software, you may then have a General Settings selection), then hit the menu button and select Wipe Handheld and follow the prompts.
    You should get a prompt to wipe 3rd party applications - if you want to leave them there, just make sure the check box is cleared.
    Device will wipe and reboot. Once you're back on the home screen, you're good.

Oh...and if you had this on a BES, this won't wipe the IT Policy.
    thanks

Thanks for that, all sorted with those instructions, i remember seeing it somewhere on te phone lol

thanks again

TillyTann no está en línea Stack level 1
    You also need to get your carrier to delete your account from RIM if you had a data plan or the new user won't be able to register for an account, as it will say its already registered, I work for Orange tech and have had countless customers with secondhand berry's unable to set it up using their details

TillyTann, actually, that won't be the case as long as Stolt has migrated his BIS account(s) over to his Bold. (the accounts will be associated with the new pin).

TillyTann no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes his account will move over as soon as he switches device but the carrier server unless advised will still show his details but deactivated, making it hard for a new owner to register it in their name ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, no. GSM carriers don't use the PIN as their billing ID, they use the IMSI / ICCID of the SIM. If you migrate your BIS accounts to the new device, the carrier will have no record of the old IMEI.