Well I recently got a text from T-Mobile saying there was a new software upgrade ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Software upgrade confusion

Advertisement

Well I recently got a text from T-Mobile saying there was a new software upgrade for my pearl. I go to the site and there is nothing new about it. it's the current one I have. I then go to the RIM site and they have several upgrades for version 4.2 which includes service packs 1, 2....their latest is version 4.3. which T-mobile doesn't even have listed. I tried going through pinstack, but their link takes me back to the T-mobile site.

Basically i want to know which version I should have? T-mobile has a tendency to be behind on most downloads so I'm not sure if i should go from their site (even though I've been getting bad reception, and dropped calls as of late).

Should I go with ver. 4.3? or any of the service packs for 4.2? either one seems like a better upgrade to me since the one I currently have was released last summer...I hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks.

jmbhbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    It sounds like the upgrades on RIM's website you are talking about are for the Desktop Manager. Most current of that is 4.3

The most current software version for the Pearl is for 4.2.xxx, depending on the carrier. Check the list at the top of this forum (8100 and 8110 discussion) for the most current for your provider

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    well, thanks cause evidently I do have the old desktop manager....i guess an update for the device isn't out yet, although t-mobile sent a text saying there is.

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think it was in relation to DST and making sure everyone had the updated patch. I got that notice but I am running the most current software.