Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got blackberry pearl a few days back. The software version on it is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Software update

Advertisement

I just got blackberry pearl a few days back. The software version on it is 4.2.0.51. I need to update it to .64. Can anyone provide me with a link to do so? I am not a T mobile user, I have tried their website, they require a t-mobile number which I dont have. Is there actually any point in updating it to .64? I have heard it doesn't have the option to disable auto dim, but I am not too bothered about that.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Here is the link:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

And here is the Dummy Number to use:

And since you are using another providers OS anyways let me point out the newest OS for the Pearl can be found here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b
    Thanks, but is there any point in getting that software? what r the changes?
    Secondly for that do I need to install the latest Desktop manager as well, or can I update my handheld software the version i have which is 4.2.0.14?

carson no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone tried v4.2.0.84 , I was going to install the Telefonica update but maybe i should do this one?

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    For desktop stick with 4.2.0. 14 but I would upgrade the device to 4.2.0.69 which is the latest.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by carson
    Has anyone tried v4.2.0.84 , I was going to install the Telefonica update but maybe i should do this one?
    If you were already planning an update you might as well go for this one as its the most recent.

emalveaux no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good morning all, Has anyone with T-Mobile tried the Cingular upgrade for 8100? I have T-Mobile and wonder if I will lose all my service specific configurations.

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    is that update the same as before remove the vendor file and run on pc then connect the bb?
    Death is only the beginning

I am still on .42, feel like I should upgrade but don't like the autodim feature that seems to be plaguing the updates. Has anyone tried .84, and have any feedback?
    Thanks

minameise no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow. Im on V.42 as well. I didn even know there were upgrades already. What's new? Is it worth it?

jpwillis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6AF2
    I'm downloading it now, I have been using .67 since it came out with no problem so I'll play guinea pig and make a note of any bugs i find

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

What do you like about .64?

I upgraded to .64 a week or so ago. The lack of being able to disable the auto-dim doesn't bother me. I just set the option to 2 minutes before it dims.

What I do like is the seemingly huge increase in battery life. I charged it fully Saturday night, did a ton of phone calls and email on Sunday and was only down to 80% on Monday afternoon.

We've heard a lot of negative things about the .64 upgrade (mainly the auto-dim). What other changes in that OS are users finding helpful?

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwillis
    I'm downloading it now, I have been using .67 since it came out with no problem so I'll play guinea pig and make a note of any bugs i find
    No need to be the guinea pig!

I installed it this morning and it works flawlessly - as far as I can tell anyway. I too was using .67 before.

mhardin98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e45obd
    I have a t-mo pearl and the telefonica software works great on it, am always interested in upgrading though, has ant one tried this on t-mo yet

I have installed .67 and .69 . When I look in options on DM they are there but when I conect the bb nothing happens and it tells me that the device is not supported. Do I have to download an earlier update or am I doing something blatantly wrong here .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast