Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nothing in the rules says we can't talk about it. And torrent files are NOT ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: software torrents

Advertisement

Nothing in the rules says we can't talk about it. And torrent files are NOT warez or anything illegal it is still debated in courts but so far, nothing illegal.

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeap you are right nothing ILEGAL, just only that you can donwload cracks, serials, serial generators, patches, to register a software ileaglly gotten, trough torrents clients. But that is no piracy at all, and never the less ilegal.

Guynewking no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC2149

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~"Warez" refers primarily to copyrighted material traded in violation of copyright law. The term generally refers to illegal releases by organized groups, as opposed to peer-to-peer file sharing between friends or large groups of people with similar interest....

abuzar1 no está en línea Stack level 1

but how would it know which bb you downloaded it to. Say if I buy some software and download it onto my pc. Then i put it up as a bittorrent, how does it associate with my bb? How does it know which one i bought it for? Therefore shoudnt the uploaded software work with any compatible bb? and thanks for the software download page.

Guynewking no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC2149

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it should work, but i could be wrong...ive seen a few apps for bb's on some torrent sites, but im not sure what they were. If you do decide to do it you should give me the torrent link...that would be cool. : d' thanks....give it a shot!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

all apps require registration which is tied to your pin #.. so the APP will work but itll only work for the trial period.. then they have to register it.. and your registration code wont work because its tied to your pin not theirs.

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

Torrent files themselves are not warez or illegal. They ARE however directions to point your torrent client to the program to be downloaded itself. It's not illegal for me to share my harddrive and the copyrighted work on it, it is illegal for you to copy and use it without license. Torrent files are not illegal, what you do with the files they link you to is what makes it illegal or not. It's like saying a hyperlink is illegal because it leads to a copyrighted piece of work.
    Knowledge first, in everything.
    World domination second.

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

While I don't condone the use of illegal apps, I'm curious now about how the registration number is linked to the pin. If they registration code is simply a set of letters/numbers generated by an algorithim based on your pin number, couldn't someone extract said algorithim and write a serial generator where the illegal user would put in their pin number to get the reg code based off the algorithim? Seems kind of simple if you know how to decompile...
    Knowledge first, in everything.
    World domination second.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by alexthomason
    While I don't condone the use of illegal apps, I'm curious now about how the registration number is linked to the pin. If they registration code is simply a set of letters/numbers generated by an algorithim based on your pin number, couldn't someone extract said algorithim and write a serial generator where the illegal user would put in their pin number to get the reg code based off the algorithim? Seems kind of simple if you know how to decompile...
    Right except most BB users are professionals.. its the pearl that brought in a lot of others. So noone has bothered to write cracks for BB software.. most bb users can afford the small fees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12