Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have recently recieved a new phone, the 8130. All of our current BES users have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rsenio no está en línea Stack level 1

Software Configurations and 8130

Advertisement

Have recently recieved a new phone, the 8130. All of our current BES users have had Enterprise Messenger pushed wirelessly so they can connect to LCS. This was setup by me a long time ago. And is functioning fine.

However, now that I've got the new phone (there are 2 of us with 8130's now) I cannot get Enterprise Messenger to install. Either through assigning the required software config, or by using the desktop manager. On both phones. This is isolated to the 8130's only.

BES reports that my configuration status is ok, system status is up to date, application status is up to date. Yet there is no Enterprise Messenger application.

When attempting to install via Desktop Manager I get the error no additional applications designed for your device were found. I read online that this is due to a different version of desktop manager vs handheld os. However, both versions are up to date. I'd really just prefer it to install wirelessly just all of our other handhelds. Is this an issue with the 4.3 OS? Or does anyone have any ideas?

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Software Configurations and 8130

I would check to see if there is an update for you app.

Thats what I figured as well, however it's only just Enterprise Messenger. A RIM app

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

But has it been updated to be compatible with 4.3.x.xx?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yeah, I submitted a case with Blackbery T-Support, just waiting to hear back from them. I'm wondering if thats the issue as well.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We are having same problem with Wireless Push.

However, we haven't had any issues when using Desktop Manager. I was able to load Enterprise Messenger and another App, on three 8130's, with Desktop Mananger 4.2.2 and the 8130 Handheld code version 4.3.0 loaded on my PC.

Both apps are functioning perfectly.

I will let you know if we resolve the Wireless Push side.

OK that sounds great. The only difference we've got here is that our 8130 users are running desktop manager 4.3

bnandreu no está en línea Stack level 1

Update? I'm having the same issue. Anyword from TSupport?

I wish I heard back. Although maybe they are able to duplicate the issue and are scambling for a fix

Oh just for an update, I did get the app to load on my handheld. Not wirelessly, or through the desktop manager. I had to extract the contents of lcs.zip from the Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1.3 software and then open up loader.htm. Allowed it to run activex controls and then clicked the load button. Voila, it worked. But I'm not satisfied with this alternative.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

I havn't been able to lead anything threw app loader on 4.3 with me VZW 8130 either!! Anyone have any other clues as to why this is?

I've heard back from RIM and they pointed me to a download for an updated version Enterprise Messenger to work on the 4.3 OS. I created a new software config and applied it, however it's stalling on the install somewhere. Stuck on the status of Install Required. Been like that for about 24 hours.

marrio no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Software Configurations and 8130

HI,

I'm having the same issues with deploying apps wirelessly to 8310s. 8300s, 8100s, 8700gs etc all work fine. I am able to deploy across the USB cable but need to be able to do it remotely from the BES. This is effecting all apps, third party and publicly available like Google Maps. Our support company is not aware of the problem. Would it be handset specific? We are on BES 4.1.4 which I believe is current. The handset verison is 4.2.2.181 which is the latest we have and unique to our 8310s.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

m.

My case is still open, however it's been escalated to the handheld team. This possibly is an issue with the newer handhelds, and the 4.3OS. But the last poster isn't running 4.3, so it may just be the handheld itself.

jose_416 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello i have a noob question but please help.. i just got the 8130 cdma version of the pearl form telus.. and i wud like to put themes on it.. aswell i want to know how can i change the ringer when i get a text msg..? and where can i get msn messenger for it.. thank you for your time.. i hope this is the right place to post this if not point me to the right place thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast