can someone help me find the app that can do a soft reset for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aisha106 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question soft reset HELP!!

Advertisement

can someone help me find the app that can do a soft reset for my 8100? i did a hard reset and got 10something bytes for memory and just an hour later its at 0 free. i dont get what im not doing, ive deleted texts and browser history and all that. im so lost! my messages are being automatically deleted! =[

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by aisha106 View Post
    can someone help me find the app that can do a soft reset for my 8100? i did a hard reset and got 10something bytes for memory and just an hour later its at 0 free. i dont get what im not doing, ive deleted texts and browser history and all that. im so lost! my messages are being automatically deleted! =[
    A soft reset is not going to help you. Usually when a problem crops up as yours has, it's because the BB has a lot of extra applications on it, this consumes your memory. Tell us how many you have, and think about which ones you can do without. Then go to:

options / advanced options / applications

There you will see the list of every app on your BB. Select the ones you can live without one at a time, press the menu button and select "delete". After you have deleted everything you can do without, then pull the battery for 30 seconds, put it back, wait for it to boot, then go to:

options / status

Look on the line that reads: File Free and tell us what the number is. We will then be able to advise you from there.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    you can also try using this post...http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_logs-22541/...it has helped many others in the past...let us know how it works out