Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I can't wait to get one sometime next year. I'm just waiting for the bugs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I can't wait to get one sometime next year. I'm just waiting for the bugs to be worked out (if any are still left).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I can't wait to get one sometime next year. I'm just waiting for the bugs to be worked out (if any are still left).
    I believe it's clear sailing. While I got mine when they were first released, I still had no problems. It's one of the best trouble free BB's I've had other than my Curve 8310.

A week ago, four of my friends bought theirs on the same day and each of them is perfect. No issues at all. So I do not hesitate to endorse this model.

Thanks. Good to know it's bug free now.

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am typing this on my old 8800, so that should tell you what I think of the flip. This phone has too many flaws. The browser is not only slow but slows down the rest of the phone unnecessarily. Battery life sucks, and way too laggy. Rim had the chance to make a real winner, but blew it.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by anandsihra View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am typing this on my old 8800, so that should tell you what I think of the flip. This phone has too many flaws. The browser is not only slow but slows down the rest of the phone unnecessarily. Battery life sucks, and way too laggy. Rim had the chance to make a real winner, but blew it.
    I personally think that (like the Bold) a lot of negative feedback on the flip does not necessarily pertain to it as a product, merely to that sample.

I know you're trying to express yourself, but overgeneralised statements (negative or not) can cause unnecessary doubt in the minds of possible buyers.

I agree that everyone has a right to know if there are still lingering issues, but please try to make it clear that not all phones suffer the same fate.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Archer, thanks. Your feedback is much appreciated as usual.

Is the screen the same size as the Pearl? How does it compare size wise to the old school Razr V3, both closed and opened? Also, how does it feel in the hand compared to a Razr V3, especially when flipped open and typing away or browsing the web?

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Me too, I'm now using a Linux powered Charcoal Gray V8 RAZR2. Great reception and fast enough to check my email. It's on my third line so as to have a backup if one of my others goes down. On the road a lot, I cannot be caught out without a phone. Also great if I accidentally loose a phone. (knock on wood haven't done that in a long while)

I'm telling you, the 8220 Flip would shock you, it's so good. There is nothing cheap about it. The only reason it's priced so reasonably is that RIM made the low price one of it's priorities for this model. There is nothing missing or cheap about it. I have big hands and find the keys just perfect for me. Great size and spacing, in a very compact phone. I can hammer out emails nearly as fast as on my Bold. What an accomplishment from RIM!

You know you want one... and you know that AT&T is certain to get them before too long. Just like T-Mo got the Pearl first then a few months later it was available through AT&T.

Get ready...

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I personally think that (like the Bold) a lot of negative feedback on the flip does not necessarily pertain to it as a product, merely to that sample.

I know you're trying to express yourself, but overgeneralised statements (negative or not) can cause unnecessary doubt in the minds of possible buyers.

I agree that everyone has a right to know if there are still lingering issues, but please try to make it clear that not all phones suffer the same fate.
    you make a valid point, however, when a person pays $450, a weeks pay for some, you should not be stuck with a phone that does not perform as expected, or in my case, a lemon. If you buy a car, and it is not as described, even if it is a single example, I am almost certain that you would not just say "it is just a bad example."

tnygigles66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by anandsihra View Post
    you make a valid point, however, when a person pays $450, a weeks pay for some, you should not be stuck with a phone that does not perform as expected, or in my case, a lemon. If you buy a car, and it is not as described, even if it is a single example, I am almost certain that you would not just say "it is just a bad example."
    Take it back if you're unhappy.

Coming from an 8100, a t-mobile shadow, and an unlocked Blackjack 2, this phone is much better for me.

As a phone it's quick, rarely lags for me (not nearly as bad as the 8100) hassn't dropped any calls, I get great reception, it hasn't frozen, and does everything I need it to. Also on wi-fi the browser is very fast. The only thing I noticed is it lags when running scripts. I chose to download opera mini to remedy this and opera is fast as hell.

The only thing I hate is the laggin of the dialing. The new OS from t-mobile helped, but didn't eliminate it.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i also used an 8100 and a shadow. this Flip is the shiz IMO!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i have used the following:
    7100g on 4.1
    8100 on 4.2 AND 4.5
    8120 on 4.3
    8130 on 4.3
    8300 on 4.2
    8310 on 4.2 AND 4.5
    8800 on 4.2
    8220 on 4.6

and have tested both the BOLD and Storm at tech shows (respectively)

have they all worked flawlessly? nope. not even out of the box and not even BEFORE i was a member here and more apt to upgrade and try different things to get it to work to my advantage of all the reading i've done, the BOLD and Storm seem to have more issues than the flip. Oh well, such is life. Nothing will ever work flawlessly. There will always be something. This issue at hand is what is your tolerance level and how much patience you have. If it was truly a hardware issue, then I suggest take the device back. Get a replacement. Or ... try upgrading the software.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Any idea if and when AT&T will release the Flip?

vzwtecgal no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a curve and love it but this flip berry sounds cool what carrier is it on?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Flyin18T no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just ordered my 8220 about 10 mins ago. It's going to keep my 8100 and 8820 company. Which OS version are you running? Have you upgraded OS version since you bought it?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    7100g on 4.1
    8100 on 4.2 AND 4.5
    8120 on 4.3
    8130 on 4.3
    8300 on 4.2
    8310 on 4.2 AND 4.5
    8800 on 4.2
    8220 on 4.6

and have tested both the BOLD and Storm at tech shows (respectively)

have they all worked flawlessly? nope. not even out of the box and not even BEFORE i was a member here and more apt to upgrade and try different things to get it to work to my advantage of all the reading i've done, the BOLD and Storm seem to have more issues than the flip. Oh well, such is life. Nothing will ever work flawlessly. There will always be something. This issue at hand is what is your tolerance level and how much patience you have. If it was truly a hardware issue, then I suggest take the device back. Get a replacement. Or ... try upgrading the software.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    8130 on 4.3

How did you get the 8130? LOL That's a CDMA phone. Anyway I have used about as many as Cherri has and have only been unhappy on the 7730 running 4.0. That thing was HEAVY, the screen was dark and the signal burned out on one just 14 days after I got it. My 7100t, 7105t and 8100 were just flawed (trackwheel, USB port, radio, power button, etc all crapped on several devices and the phone itself on my first 2 8100's). I can't wait for the next 18 months (or unless I save my money and get it earlier) to purchase the 8220 at my 2 year upgrade discount.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-05-2009 at 01:51 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
    Just ordered my 8220 about 10 mins ago. It's going to keep my 8100 and 8820 company. Which OS version are you running? Have you upgraded OS version since you bought it?
    Thanks.
    .200 is the newest i believe

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    How did you get the 8130? LOL That's a CDMA phone. Anyway I have used about as many as Cherri has and have only been unhappy on the 7730 running 4.0. That thing was HEAVY, the screen was dark and the signal burned out on one just 14 days after I got it. My 7100t, 7105t and 8100 were just flawed (trackwheel, USB port, radio, power button, etc all crapped on several devices and the phone itself on my first 2 8100's). I can't wait for the next 18 months (or unless I save my money and get it earlier) to purchase the 8220 at my 2 year upgrade discount.
    was invited to the sprint launch party when it was released. won it in a raffle last november (a year ago) .. sold it on craigslist

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast