Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

there is a new beta out 4.6.0.174 (google it)it seems better as far as lag ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37

Advertisement

there is a new beta out 4.6.0.174 (google it)it seems better as far as lag goes. i can't really say though because i use maxmem as well so that my be why mine has been treating me right.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    So I was curious as to how good this phone is, sounds like everyone likes it, my only question is the amount of apps and whatnot for it, is it still lacking or would I be good getting one now and going from there?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I've had a lot of BlackBerrys and this one is great! It's fast, stable, reliable and just works like a good BB does. I find the SureType the fastest and most accurate of the four other SureType BB's I have. RIM did a really great job of the keyboard design and most specifically the keys. Tactile feedback is excellent and I can bang out fast accurate emails in no time. The flip form factor makes it a perfect pocket phone and I'm using it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Originally I purhased it as a complimentary secondary BB for evenings and weekends. However there have been times when I decided to use it during a work day and it's been great. I highly endorse this model.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    i been reading mixed reviews on the phone. but it seems like everyone is happy with it so im getting one.

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    for me all of the apps i had on my pearl transferred over nicely with the exception of blingball. as far as newer apps i don't know
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I've had a lot of BlackBerrys and this one is great! It's fast, stable, reliable and just works like a good BB does. I find the SureType the fastest and most accurate of the four other SureType BB's I have. RIM did a really great job of the keyboard design and most specifically the keys. Tactile feedback is excellent and I can bang out fast accurate emails in no time. The flip form factor makes it a perfect pocket phone and I'm using it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Originally I purhased it as a complimentary secondary BB for evenings and weekends. However there have been times when I decided to use it during a work day and it's been great. I highly endorse this model.
    thank you thats the answer i been looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    thank you thats the answer i been looking for!
    You will really like this model. It's all too easy for certain users to pick apart any new device, simply because it's different. What makes them think they are more skilled or smart that the highly experienced and trained engineers that create these great products? I have a dual masters from MIT in electrical engineering and computer science, and I do not assume I know better. However negativity reigns supreme in some peoples lives. I've read complaints about it being light and cheap feeling. To which I say, if it were heavy they would complain about that. Light does not equal cheap. In fact I find the build quality of this model very good indeed. I'm very picky (a great understatement) and as a matter of routine one of the first things I do when "inspecting" a new model is to remove the battery door and battery, then take a good long, close look at the layout of components, materials, assembly quality, etc. This is one very nice BB that I see myself getting a lot of fun out of.

Cheers

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think I'll like the 8220, I used to have a moto flip phone before my 8100, and if the apps transfer I should be good, my only concern is if it's viewed as a light phone, will it take the same beating my 8100 has? I've dropped my pearl more times than I'd like to think about, it's chipped and cracked everywhere, and the battery cover is broken in two. Can the 8220 handle it?

PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    You will really like this model. It's all too easy for certain users to pick apart any new device, simply because it's different. What makes them think they are more skilled or smart that the highly experienced and trained engineers that create these great products? I have a dual masters from MIT in electrical engineering and computer science, and I do not assume I know better. However negativity reigns supreme in some peoples lives. I've read complaints about it being light and cheap feeling. To which I say, if it were heavy they would complain about that. Light does not equal cheap. In fact I find the build quality of this model very good indeed. I'm very picky (a great understatement) and as a matter of routine one of the first things I do when "inspecting" a new model is to remove the battery door and battery, then take a good long, close look at the layout of components, materials, assembly quality, etc. This is one very nice BB that I see myself getting a lot of fun out of.

Cheers
    Good i'm glad there is someone with good sense to actually give me the answers that I have been looking for. that statement was just what i was looking for. thanks archer6

Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    will it take the same beating my 8100 has? I've dropped my pearl more times than I'd like to think about, it's chipped and cracked everywhere, and the battery cover is broken in two. Can the 8220 handle it?
    It sounds like a heavy duty regular phone would work well for you. Perhaps one of the ruggedized Motorola's like the construction workers use. They will take a beating like you give your phone & not break apart.

sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Cheers
    grrrr Leonard stop it would you ??!! Im DYING to get my hands on one lol!

CAMARO1989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Played with this before really cool~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jborfeo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Pretty cool phone for a flip...

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    I love it, I use it little more than my bold. And typing on its keybord with multitap is rly fast its just awsome but I dropped it 4 tims already and ma bold only once haha~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    grrrr Leonard stop it would you ??!! Im DYING to get my hands on one lol!
    Sorry, I just cannot help myself, if it's good I say so. And THIS BlackBerry is not only good, it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's exceeded my expectations more than the Bold.... Yes it has....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast