Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 104

there is a new beta out 4.6.0.174 (google it)it seems better as far as lag ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #16
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382

    Advertisement



    there is a new beta out 4.6.0.174 (google it)it seems better as far as lag goes. i can't really say though because i use maxmem as well so that my be why mine has been treating me right.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  2. #17
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    So I was curious as to how good this phone is, sounds like everyone likes it, my only question is the amount of apps and whatnot for it, is it still lacking or would I be good getting one now and going from there?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #18
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    I've had a lot of BlackBerrys and this one is great! It's fast, stable, reliable and just works like a good BB does. I find the SureType the fastest and most accurate of the four other SureType BB's I have. RIM did a really great job of the keyboard design and most specifically the keys. Tactile feedback is excellent and I can bang out fast accurate emails in no time. The flip form factor makes it a perfect pocket phone and I'm using it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Originally I purhased it as a complimentary secondary BB for evenings and weekends. However there have been times when I decided to use it during a work day and it's been great. I highly endorse this model.


  4. #19
    blacktouch007's Avatar
    blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Posts
    264
    i been reading mixed reviews on the phone. but it seems like everyone is happy with it so im getting one.

  5. #20
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    for me all of the apps i had on my pearl transferred over nicely with the exception of blingball. as far as newer apps i don't know
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  6. #21
    blacktouch007's Avatar
    blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I've had a lot of BlackBerrys and this one is great! It's fast, stable, reliable and just works like a good BB does. I find the SureType the fastest and most accurate of the four other SureType BB's I have. RIM did a really great job of the keyboard design and most specifically the keys. Tactile feedback is excellent and I can bang out fast accurate emails in no time. The flip form factor makes it a perfect pocket phone and I'm using it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Originally I purhased it as a complimentary secondary BB for evenings and weekends. However there have been times when I decided to use it during a work day and it's been great. I highly endorse this model.
    thank you thats the answer i been looking for!

  7. #22
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    thank you thats the answer i been looking for!
    You will really like this model. It's all too easy for certain users to pick apart any new device, simply because it's different. What makes them think they are more skilled or smart that the highly experienced and trained engineers that create these great products? I have a dual masters from MIT in electrical engineering and computer science, and I do not assume I know better. However negativity reigns supreme in some peoples lives. I've read complaints about it being light and cheap feeling. To which I say, if it were heavy they would complain about that. Light does not equal cheap. In fact I find the build quality of this model very good indeed. I'm very picky (a great understatement) and as a matter of routine one of the first things I do when "inspecting" a new model is to remove the battery door and battery, then take a good long, close look at the layout of components, materials, assembly quality, etc. This is one very nice BB that I see myself getting a lot of fun out of.

    Cheers


  8. #23
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    I think I'll like the 8220, I used to have a moto flip phone before my 8100, and if the apps transfer I should be good, my only concern is if it's viewed as a light phone, will it take the same beating my 8100 has? I've dropped my pearl more times than I'd like to think about, it's chipped and cracked everywhere, and the battery cover is broken in two. Can the 8220 handle it?

  9. #24
    blacktouch007's Avatar
    blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You will really like this model. It's all too easy for certain users to pick apart any new device, simply because it's different. What makes them think they are more skilled or smart that the highly experienced and trained engineers that create these great products? I have a dual masters from MIT in electrical engineering and computer science, and I do not assume I know better. However negativity reigns supreme in some peoples lives. I've read complaints about it being light and cheap feeling. To which I say, if it were heavy they would complain about that. Light does not equal cheap. In fact I find the build quality of this model very good indeed. I'm very picky (a great understatement) and as a matter of routine one of the first things I do when "inspecting" a new model is to remove the battery door and battery, then take a good long, close look at the layout of components, materials, assembly quality, etc. This is one very nice BB that I see myself getting a lot of fun out of.

    Cheers
    Good i'm glad there is someone with good sense to actually give me the answers that I have been looking for. that statement was just what i was looking for. thanks archer6

  10. #25
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    will it take the same beating my 8100 has? I've dropped my pearl more times than I'd like to think about, it's chipped and cracked everywhere, and the battery cover is broken in two. Can the 8220 handle it?
    .
    It sounds like a heavy duty regular phone would work well for you. Perhaps one of the ruggedized Motorola's like the construction workers use. They will take a beating like you give your phone & not break apart.

    sent via BlackBerry

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You will really like this model. It's all too easy for certain users to pick apart any new device, simply because it's different. What makes them think they are more skilled or smart that the highly experienced and trained engineers that create these great products? I have a dual masters from MIT in electrical engineering and computer science, and I do not assume I know better. However negativity reigns supreme in some peoples lives. I've read complaints about it being light and cheap feeling. To which I say, if it were heavy they would complain about that. Light does not equal cheap. In fact I find the build quality of this model very good indeed. I'm very picky (a great understatement) and as a matter of routine one of the first things I do when "inspecting" a new model is to remove the battery door and battery, then take a good long, close look at the layout of components, materials, assembly quality, etc. This is one very nice BB that I see myself getting a lot of fun out of.

    Cheers
    grrrr Leonard stop it would you ??!! Im DYING to get my hands on one lol!

  12. #27
    CAMARO1989's Avatar
    CAMARO1989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1
    Played with this before really cool~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  13. #28
    jborfeo's Avatar
    jborfeo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17
    Pretty cool phone for a flip...

  14. #29
    mac14x's Avatar
    mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Posts
    731
    I love it, I use it little more than my bold. And typing on its keybord with multitap is rly fast its just awsome but I dropped it 4 tims already and ma bold only once haha~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #30
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    grrrr Leonard stop it would you ??!! Im DYING to get my hands on one lol!
    Sorry, I just cannot help myself, if it's good I say so. And THIS BlackBerry is not only good, it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's exceeded my expectations more than the Bold.... Yes it has....


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •