View Poll Results: The Pearl - all it's cracked up to be?

Voters
44. Register free to vote on this poll
  • You bet

36 81.82%
  • A little disappointed

3 6.82%
  • Too early to tell

5 11.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Even having a 7100 prior to the pearl I have to say that typing on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Re: so now that you've had it for a day

Advertisement

Even having a 7100 prior to the pearl I have to say that typing on this phone takes some getting used to. The phone is smaller so its hard not to type on it and not think you are going to drop it!

It is much Better than the 7100 though. Its a lot quicker in response. Track ball is awesome but I have just seen it lightup white so far.

It also does sound on mms. I'm guessing video works as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Better than the 71 series? Yep. Better than an 8700? No way. Trackball only lights up white. I have other comments listed throughout the board. The more I get to play with it and try and tweak the operating system, maybe some thoughts will change.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Go to call log, click the button left of the pearl, click on options, click on general, scroll down to ringtone lighting, click on it choose yes, click menu key that's the button left of the pearl trackball and save!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 09-13-2006 at 07:49 PM.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

This a big jump into the mass appeal market for the average Joe looking for a cool phone..... We will see how it does sales wise in the next couple of months. Look how the Razor took off... and it's just a phone.... If the general consumer gets ahold of this and really likes it... RIM will have a really have made an even bigger impact on the Smart Phone market
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is anybody so satisfied that they are thinking about selling their 8700g?

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

I will be selling my 8700g. Let me know if your interested. PM or PIN me.
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 09-14-2006 at 11:46 AM.

zyggy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF2532

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Better than the 71 series? Yep. Better than an 8700? No way. Trackball only lights up white. I have other comments listed throughout the board. The more I get to play with it and try and tweak the operating system, maybe some thoughts will change.
    whose thoughts, ours or yours, and good thoughts or bad ones?

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

Ridiculous GOODNESS. in the past year and a half i've gone from a treo650 to a 7105tbb to a motorola Q and now to a pearl and finally i think i've gotten it right. this native scrolling map of all streets in the US is insane. perfect if you live in a big walking city. the camera is solid, and rambleIM is AWESOME. nothing like real time aim in such a small package. the querty suretype is better than the one on 7105t. can't explain it but its more responsive. if you have fairly small hands, this thing is a godsend.

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

i love how the trackball flickers in different colors when the phone rings!!! also syncing with outlook moves all the pictures into the picture ID field which is totally great! i am in LOOVEEE i tell you

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

Yes! The 8100/Pearl is a great BB device. I am very happy w/it. I just went out & got a 1GB Micro SD card 4 it. So now i'm ready 2 put mp3's & video's on my 8100/Pearl.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I went from a BB8700r to BB7130g to the 8100. Pearl is the perfect BB for me...I love the size and the fact that it made me finally ditch my Treo 650. My thumb automatically went to the right side of the phone the first few days (trackwheel seeking thumb) but now, I am very comfortable with the thumb in the middle of the phone (for the trackball). I can type fast with suretype and this phone is great for one-handed use.

pinkds no está en línea Stack level 1

Now that I've had this phone for a week, I'm gonna have to say this is the BEST phone ever! I'm just a regular consumer and this phone does everything and more! This thing is the perfect size and does everything. I love it. even the call quality is awesome... I had a treo 650 last year that I played with for about 2 months... i liked it but way too BIG. I had a RAZR for the past couple months and didn't really like the phone.

Just put the bestskinsever.com full skin on and it looks awesome. fits perfectly too! It seriously cannot get any better than this for a regular consumer!

jett3p no está en línea Stack level 1

no complaints here...

jzt got my 1gb microSD from BB today for 44$ plus a 10$ rebate...was thinking of getting 2...but they only have one left...

JCIN no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had mine for 3 days now. It is my first BlackBerry and so far it's the coolest phone I've ever owned.

I think I (demographically speaking) was RIM's target for this phone. I bought it for strictly personal use and the form factor really sold me. I have never really looked at BlackBerry's before because I didn't really need the functions they were designed for and didn't particularly like the compromise of function (ability to do real work) over form (the ability to put it in my pocket).

I think maybe I have been missing out. I am very pleased so far.

I was surprised by how easy it was to get the e-mail and pc synch up and running. Thanks to this site I even have it working as a modem
    Add in the wow factor of all my friends and it is pretty sweet.

Overall a great experience that I would highly recommend.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

I have had the 7100 and the 7105 previolously.......I have had my 8100 for five days ....three days of it were spent working out the kinks...still have the kinks, but it can still function....I REALLY love the sleekness of it....I have not used the Mp3 or the video side...but I will really soon...I have downloaded ringtones from my mp3's....I did not experience any issues with that.... LOVE MY PHONE...GOOOO BB !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast