Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I tried the " How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rebels no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: So my Pearl is dead.

Advertisement

I tried the "How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected" but it would only erase and reload the software. It couldn't initialize it..

Some guy sent me the money from Craigslist for it. I sold it for $55 so I can use that towards the next phone. Kind of a bummer I couldn't reload it.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by rebels
    I highly doubt I will be able to claim it with insurance or anything. I just need to suck it and I'll probably end up buying another one from Craigslist as I did this one. I'm going to hang on to this phone for a few days and see if it does dry out or anything.

Now here is another question for those who have bought used phones; I know a guy selling one for $150. There is nothing wrong with the phone that I can see. He let me put my SIM card in it and use it for a little bit and it seemed to be fine. If I buy this, could I call T-Mobile up and tell them something is wrong and it's not working properly since it's within the year warranty? I think they will send another one as long as I mail this one back. Not sure though.

As far as my car, it's being fixed this week. It wasn't anything serious but it's just a bummer that the things I work so hard for being only 22 years old.. something bad happens. Things will always turn out for the better.. it's just been stressing me out!

Out of curiosity, if nothing is wrong with this phone that the guy let you play with why would you try to get t-mobile to replace it? Sounds fishy.

~Amie~

rebels no está en línea Stack level 2

I ended up buying another one from someone on here. The guy still has the one that I was going to buy, but I pretty much got a better deal on this one.

I was just wondering about swapping it out so I could get a brand new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    Out of curiosity, if nothing is wrong with this phone that the guy let you play with why would you try to get t-mobile to replace it? Sounds fishy.

~Amie~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I done the same ages ago.
    Pearl in pool of water. It slowly came back to life over a 3 week period.
    In less then a week the phone would work but not sound. So i bought another and then one night it decided to work. Have not had a problem since.
    Thems the breaks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by rebels
    I ended up buying another one from someone on here. The guy still has the one that I was going to buy, but I pretty much got a better deal on this one.

I was just wondering about swapping it out so I could get a brand new one.

F.Y.I. Warranty replacement is never a NEW phone after the first month or so it is out. Anything after that is going to be refurbished.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

griffindj no está en línea Stack level 1

Rebels, it sounds like we have a lot in common, and reading your post made my own loss a little more bearable.

I'm also 22, drive a fancy car, and had my pearl fall into a puddle of water on a boat this week. I was a whiny little bitch all this week and my friends kept telling me to let it go, but it took me reading your posts and realizing that I was (just like you) being a whiny little bitch. No offense or anything, but we are lucky to have the stuff we have. I remember when I had to adjust the intennae to watch urkel on our black and white tv not more than 10 years ago. And now I'm complaining about a stupid smartphone. It does suck, but such is life. You gotta roll with it.

Once I get my phone back you should call me and we'll go yachting then cruise for chicks in our luxury cars.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by griffindj
    Rebels, it sounds like we have a lot in common, and reading your post made my own loss a little more bearable.

I'm also 22, drive a fancy car, and had my pearl fall into a puddle of water on a boat this week. I was a whiny little bitch all this week and my friends kept telling me to let it go, but it took me reading your posts and realizing that I was (just like you) being a whiny little bitch. No offense or anything, but we are lucky to have the stuff we have. I remember when I had to adjust the intennae to watch urkel on our black and white tv not more than 10 years ago. And now I'm complaining about a stupid smartphone. It does suck, but such is life. You gotta roll with it.

Once I get my phone back you should call me and we'll go yachting then cruise for chicks in our luxury cars.
    Um, with all this money you guys have why not just get a new phone? If you are like me its a lifeline. Heck I'm not rich but if I want or need a phone I just sell my current phone on ebay and get a new one. Its only money right? You probably have that much in your pocket. Sheesh....stop complaining and get a few phone. LOL.

The latter part of the quoted post made me throw up a little in my mouth. Wheres my listerine?
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenInSTL
    a few phone?
    Ok butthead. I know you're cute. You don't have to remind me. : c )~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12