Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I swear I have the WORST luck ever in life. It's not just about the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rebels no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down So my Pearl is dead.

Advertisement

I swear I have the WORST luck ever in life. It's not just about the phone but a lot of other stuff has happened this week including my new Lexus getting hit twice.

Anyways, we take the boat out today and the last time I was on a boat with a Pearl.. it got ruined. I usually would throw my SIM card in a junker phone just in case something would happen.

So we go out today and I make sure to leave my phone buttoned up in my cargo pocket of my shorts and put it them in the glove box type of compartment.

Somehow while we're going (and I'm watching as this happens) the compartment door flies open, my phone somehow manages to come out between the two buttons and bounce into a puddle that is on the boat. Now besides this happening, my friends Motorola Q and my other friends Nextel phone are NOT in their pants and do not come out of the compartment.. only mine.

So the phone I JUST bought on Monday is toast now. It won't turn on, and the red light just blinks in two slow intervals.

I'm so pissed off about this. I have no idea how my phone came out of the pocket when their phones were not even in a pocket and didn't move.

I wonder if I can call T-Mobile and see if they'll send me a phone and I'll send this one back.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: So my Pearl is dead.

Try and let it dry out for atleast 24hrs... then try powering it up. The other thing is do you have insurance?

I bought the phone from a girl who used it for about a week and didn't get insurance on it. I have had the worst luck this week though.. it seems everything has gone wrong!

Ugh, I have no clue what I'm going to do next.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

As Stacey "the wise and beautiful" said, let it dry for a while and keep it in a warm place like window sill or on top of an electronic device. (stereo, TV, DVD player) Let it completely dry out. Then after that whole process see if it will power up. If not then you might be out of luck. If you still get the blinking then try this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

Post back in a day or two and let us know how it goes.

Good Luck
    ~red

I have never had to claim a phone through T-Mobile.. but do you guys think I could tell them something is wrong with the phone or SIM card reader and get another one since it's not even close to a year old?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

probably not they will notice the water damage
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

Take the battery out, then put it in some rice. Rice is small to get into the nooks of phone , and is a natural water absorber. Do that for a few days, then wish for luck.

Yeah, I remember when I was a manager for an indirect store we would always convince the customer to get our insurance policy since it covered water damage.

I'm reading on T-Mobile's website that you can add the insurance plan on when you buy a phone from an authorized retailer. I could tell them I bought the phone out right from a indirect store and want to add it on.. and claim the phone was stolen a few days later.

Since the phone is completely shot now and the IMEI will not register again, would this possibly work? I'm so mad about this though. I JUST got this phone this week and it happens within 5 days.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

There are lots of things you "could" do, but that doesn't make them "right".

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah, I am just irritated that I have to go buy ANOTHER one now when I just bought this 5 days ago.

It turned on for a minute or two right after it happened and has not turned on since then. When the battery is in, the red light blinks 2 times every 3 seconds.

I'm wondering if there is any way I can get a replacement.. hmm.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Do as Stacey and Reddog and others have said. Let it dry out completely and then try turning it on. But give it time to dry out. Sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had this week.

kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2

Bummer week. But at least you have a Lexus that could get hit and a BlackBerry to get ruined. Most folks don't have the luxury of being able to have either. And they're just "stuff", maybe nice stuff that are hard to replace, but "stuff" none-the-less...

Let it dry out for a day or two, sometimes it helps.

Water damage is something the carriers are VERY hip to. They'll notice it. The carrier will foot you with the charge of a new un-subsidized phone on your bill if you don't have insurance. If you do, in the case of Asurion, T-Mob's insurance carrier, they usually have a $100-$200 deductible against a claim, so if you're in a big city, I'd check out Craigslist for a $150-$200 Pearl and see if you could sell the broken one on Craigslist or Ebay for $50-$100. It's not free, but it won't kick your butt as bad as a new $400 phone...

Quote Originally Posted by kidblue
    Water damage is something the carriers are VERY hip to. They'll notice it. The carrier will foot you with the charge of a new un-subsidized phone on your bill if you don't have insurance. If you do, in the case of Asurion, T-Mob's insurance carrier, they usually have a $100-$200 deductible against a claim, so if you're in a big city, I'd check out Craigslist for a $150-$200 Pearl and see if you could sell the broken one on Craigslist or Ebay for $50-$100. It's not free, but it won't kick your butt as bad as a new $400 phone...
    I highly doubt I will be able to claim it with insurance or anything. I just need to suck it and I'll probably end up buying another one from Craigslist as I did this one. I'm going to hang on to this phone for a few days and see if it does dry out or anything.

Now here is another question for those who have bought used phones; I know a guy selling one for $150. There is nothing wrong with the phone that I can see. He let me put my SIM card in it and use it for a little bit and it seemed to be fine. If I buy this, could I call T-Mobile up and tell them something is wrong and it's not working properly since it's within the year warranty? I think they will send another one as long as I mail this one back. Not sure though.

As far as my car, it's being fixed this week. It wasn't anything serious but it's just a bummer that the things I work so hard for being only 22 years old.. something bad happens. Things will always turn out for the better.. it's just been stressing me out!

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    There are lots of things you "could" do, but that doesn't make them "right".

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah.... look out for karma!

suck it up and buy a new one... sounds like u can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by 714Rae
    yeah.... look out for karma!

suck it up and buy a new one... sounds like u can afford it.
    Yeah, I agree. I have no problem buying another one but I was just seeing if there were other options before I bought another one.

I appreciate everyone who gave recommendations. I had a cell phone tech at the mall who fixes phones check it out and he said it's a gonner.

I'll still let it dry some more to see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast