Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think in order to do this I'll have to peel off the portion of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

Advertisement

I think in order to do this I'll have to peel off the portion of the skin that's over the chrome in the back. I have an extra skin set for the phone so I can just use the new back portion and an x-acto knife or soemthing...I'm guessing as soon as the drill bit hits the vinyl skin it'll just twist it up.

Snyeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242094F0
    yup we tryed drilling the skin and it didnt turn out very good. maybe just maybe it will work better drilling the holes with the skin on but we did it without first.

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

Re: So I drilled holes

this seems like an awesome idea, to bad i dont have a drill, d*mn it!! hmm i wonder if i could melt a hole in it, like heating up a screwdriver and poking a hole. drill would prob be cleaner though, but i also dont think i can be trusted with a drill. but def good idea.

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been thinking of trying this as well. For those that are leary of drilling your BB just take the back cover off and play some MP3s and ringtones (at full volume). Then play them with the cover on(at full volume). If you can live with it then no need to drill.

I would suggest making a hole pattern in something like MS Paint / Photoshop / GIMP and printing it out. Then tape it to the phone and drill the holes using that as a guide. You could make it symettrical or have a funky pattern. Would probably be even cleaner if you had a dremel drill press type thingy (available at Walmart).

Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos All.

Bill

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

hmmm i like the idea. i specially liked mwaites design. mod! hahha. but i dont think i should do it myself. i WILL mess up the phone. ha.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

I just did it and its really not that hard at all, just use a small drill bit, i used a blow dryer to heat up the plastic, put 2 peieces of duck tape to secure it down and padded paper under it so it wouldnt bend inward, I was really surprised on how easy it was and how much of a diff it made, for the effort its really worth it, also if your worried about cracking the case or messing it up blackberry sells the back pandel for 14 bux and you can probaly find it on ebay gl!

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Someone should drill/dremel the design of the menu button...the BlackBerry trademark.

Spartan no está en línea Stack level 1

Are you people insane, drilling holes in a $300 phone... If you cant hear the phone ring why not try and keep it closer to your location. Has anybody tried adding a subwofer and an amp yet lol...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Are you people insane, drilling holes in a $300 phone... If you cant hear the phone ring why not try and keep it closer to your location. Has anybody tried adding a subwofer and an amp yet lol...
    Not yet, but that's not a bad idea...

Plus, you're not drilling holes in a $300 phone per say, you're drilling holes in a $19.99 battery cover...

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Maybe I should ask my dad for help on this one, I could never be trusted with anything like that. I would proabably end up putting the holes in all the wrong places, or end up breaking the cover. What is the best way you guys would suggest to drill the holes. I would like to use a tool to make a cool design, and ideas?

GotPearl?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Step A:

REMOVE THE BATTERY COVER FROM THE DEVICE!

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm suprised that some 3rd party just doesnt put out a battery door with speaker holes already in place, maybe a mesh covering over the speaker or something.

Snyeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242094F0

i believe a company is making one but for now this is what we got. I forgot the name of the company but I did read somewhere around here.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Anyone wanna try making a Superman S design outta holes ?? I'll send ya my battery door!

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Superman fanatic? My Sgt. has a glow-in-the-dark Superman S tatoo on his forearm. I didn't believe him til he showed me...
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast