Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I used the Dremmel tool and created a cool design. Two larger holes and two ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

Holy Blackberry Batman!

Advertisement

I used the Dremmel tool and created a cool design. Two larger holes and two smaller ones (using the 2 different-sized, round ball-looking drill tips). The sound is great and the phone looks cool, too! I'm not sure if my image will post, but I'll try to include it here. (I'm a newbie-sorry)
    Attached Images Attached Images

king217 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    204d71a3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~peterbabiy
    P.S.S. If you’re curies about buying a new stereo headset with a mic built in and a perfect quality, I strongly recommend “earglove” They usually cost $40 but I found them twice cheaper
    Thanks for the info I had a pair that I receive for my SDA when I hav it but my son spilled juice in one ear nd ice beenlooking for a cheap pair I will be ordering these thanks again

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It does look good mdwaite, now can you do that for mine?

portal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052E55D
    I would suggest covering your holes up with tape and poking holes through the tape or something because dust WILL get in, and it WILL be hard to clean :P

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey blkmz3, Sure...if you can give the cover up for a week. It'll take me about 5 minutes to do. The dust shouldn't be a problem because you can take the cover off and get one of those air blower cans and keep it constantly clean.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry guys, but drilling holes in a phone to improve the sound??? LOL. If I want hi-fi sound, I'll buy a hi-fi. When it rings I can hear it, I can hear the person on the other end of the line very clearly.... not sure what else there is! May be I'm old fashioned or missing something here - apart from a Dremel that is!

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Sorry guys, but drilling holes in a phone to improve the sound??? LOL. If I want hi-fi sound, I'll buy a hi-fi. When it rings I can hear it, I can hear the person on the other end of the line very clearly.... not sure what else there is! May be I'm old fashioned or missing something here - apart from a Dremel that is!
    The ringer on the Pearl is about half as loud as any other phone I've had, so this makes sense if you know what your doing. Personally, when I'm at a club or even just in another room at the house, I'd like to know my phone is ringing. To each his own.

Snyeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242094F0
    Basically when you turn your music/ringer up all the way its very distorted. With a few holes in the back its nice and crisp like it should be.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    well it makes no sense to have the speaker on the backside and then covering it up with the battery cover! Just a little flaw in design. My old phone (Samsung T809) the speakers were near the bottom and had holes. Sound was great and no problems hearing it ring. Actually a little too loud sometimes. Also the damn battery cover rattles if the volume is too loud. But still I LOVE my pearl!!!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8
    Portal,

Can you put a picture of your phone after you drilled the holes and also a pic of the inside of the cover so i can see how you put the cloth stuff on??

P.S. if you don't have any then don't worry about it.

portal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052E55D
    I posted one up a few posts, i'll repost it:

It's very bad quality,so i hope you can make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    Portal,

Can you put a picture of your phone after you drilled the holes and also a pic of the inside of the cover so i can see how you put the cloth stuff on??

P.S. if you don't have any then don't worry about it.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    Snyeed, yours really looks top notch! I actually thought about doing this awhile back, and low and behold, people are actually doing it. The batt cover is a design flaw, and it rattles to beat hell if the volume is too high. One easy fix to that is a small piece of electrical or duct tape on the inside of the cover over the speaker area. It deadens the vibrations pretty well. I'm contemplating my aproach to the drilling. I have the "bestskinsever" on my phone. Has anyone tried drilling their cover with the skin on besides Snyeed? The material is vinyl so I'm thinking about heating up a very small drill bit first and then trying to drill....any suggestions? Also, I really want to keep the vinyl skin over the area, especially since I hear stories of the chrome flaking off. I'm sure the drilling of holes will do nothing for the chrome's bond to the plastic cover.

bk1
    bk1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Put a piece of duck tape on before drilling will help keep drill in place an might avoid the cracking.. Downside getting the residue off afterwars...

CAComp no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

holes.jpg

WOW…What a diference. I work in a loud environment and couldn’t always hear the phone. Now it works perfectly. I’ve heard every call today.

What I did:
    1. Masking Tape on BOTH sides. FIRMLY Pressed Down

2. Trace Pen Cap, Centered over the word BlackBerry

3. Mark 6 equal distant points.

4. Small piece of wood to fit flush on inside of cover.

5. Small Nail / Brad…LIGHTLY, VERY LIGHTLY tapped at the 6 points.

6. 1/16 inch drill bit. Put the point of the bit into the depression from step 5.

7. Let the weight of the drill do the drilling. DO NOT PUSH.

Thanks For the Idea...
    CC

Snyeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242094F0
    Hey thanks lance. My dad made a template on the computer with some progam so the holes are pretty much even. Im very happy with how it turned out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast