Hey all, I be the nub but a BB fan for sure The size of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bendite no está en línea Stack level 2

So?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I be the nub but a BB fan for sure

The size of the 8100 is smaller than the 7105T but what about the weight? I have been through all the phones and I keep coming back to the BB because it fits in my pocket and it's pretty light. Anyone who has got thier hands on a 8100 and has something to compare the weight to please chime in.

Re: So?

and what about the camera? It appears that in addition to photos is takes video as well? Thad be sweet...can anyone confirm?

I used a Tmobile SDA last winter and I did really like the camera with video. I'd still be using the SDA if the activesync w/exchange actually worked as well as the BES. Oh, and that little issue with the headaches

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't have one yet, but supposedly the 8100 is THINNER than the 7100 series. Not sure about the weight but I suspect that with it being thinner, it would weigh less. I would also have to wait and see if it takes video but I wouldn't use that portion of it anyway.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack, bendite.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome to pinstack

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    welcome!
    From what I've been able to gather, the weight difference would be marginal. I'm also under the impression that it won't have video capture out of the box, but perhaps with a future OS release down the road this would be a feature. Who knows for sure. When I played with one last week at a tmo store, I didn't have enough opportunity to check all the new features. I'm heading there to make sure they have one held for me now, and if I can gather any more dirt, I'll letcha know!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Todd, when you get back, can you tell me how it compares to the 7100 series sizewise? I know its thinner but what about depth, weight and length?

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

First, I think that TMO must be hammering their people NOT to show the 8100. Their store manager now has them under lock and key, so I wasn't able to look again and find out any additional info, other than they are still looking at Sept 12th release date ( 167 hours,14 minutes for me, but who's keeping track?)
    Erica,
    Maybe I was just amazed that it was so thin when I played with it last week, that it seems so much smaller than the 7100 series. But in reality, sans the thickness, I don't think they're an enormous difference in size reduction going to the 8100 from the 7100. But I'll tell you, I seems very small. I know this is stupid, but I think the way you hold it, not having to use a trackwheel on the side makes it seem smaller. Also remember, I'm using the 8700 now, and its been several months since I used the 7100i, so my perceptions are likely skewed slightly. Hope this helps somewhat.

LOL It does help. I asked because I have a small collection of accessories and I was wondering if I should keep them or start shopping for more once I upgrade.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

From what I remember from another thread, that "small collection" is more like another wing in a wireless store lol

thanks for the welcomes all.

I guess I don't really care that much about video but it is nice to have while snowboarding. The MP3 playback is the real plus for me. I will be getting one asap...the 12th?

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

We'll see. Ya never know with these things. If I HAD to bet, I'd agree. But I've heard so many official dates, who really knows.

LOL Yup I've had 3 7100t's (sent 2 back) and 1 7105t

I did get the 12th confirmed by our local BB experts but they were not sure when they would have them in thier hands. My 7105 died today so I am back to using the tmo SDA. I don't have BES service until the 8100 comes out so I hope it's quick. The SDA is a great device but I get headaches when I hold the phone up to my ear...that can't be good.