so i was reading an earlier post on how to change the sound you hear ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lizm233 no está en línea Stack level 2

sms tones and that annoying trackball

Advertisement

so i was reading an earlier post on how to change the sound you hear when you recieve a text message but it said you go to profiles and change it there.. im not seeing any option to change it in profiles.. oh by the way i have bb pearl.. so does anyone know how?

also is there any update on the whole issue about the trackball causing missed calls because it can't be locked? i really like the ringtones i have but i can only hear them for like two seconds and then the trackball gets moved and the call is ignored or set to vibrate.. it gets annoying..

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Lizm233, if you click on the profile Icon, select loud and then edit, it'll open up a big list. Towards the bottom of the list is SMS. Click and select edit and then you can change the sound there. Let us know if that still doesn't work for you.

ok.. i go to loud.. i select loud and thats it, it doesnt give me any other choices.. no edit.. nothin.. i tried clickin the menu button while loud was selected.. still nothing.. idk what it is?!?!?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When you click on Loud (don't double click, just one click), do you get a drop down menu? It should have the options Help/New Profile/New Exception/Edit/Show Tunes/Close.

ive never seen those options since ive had this phone.. i clicked once on loud using the trackball and it just shows it as (active) and thats it.. nothing else.. are you sure thats what your supposed to do with the bb pearl??

NEEVER mind yeah im not so awake at the moment.. deffinatly found what your talking about.. haha took me awhile.. thanks!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    With the Pearl, you need to go to Profiles, and scroll to the bottom of the list to Advanced, Click on that and Select the profile you want to edit. Use the Menu button to open the menu and select edit. Then you can set the options for each of the notification for the different type of alerts.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks Rcb.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b