Hello all, I know there are a bunch of BB verterans so I'm not sure ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

SMS/SIM/Date and Time?

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I know there are a bunch of BB verterans so I'm not sure if they've experienced this recently but the BB Pearl was my first BB and when I put my SIM into the phone it transferred all my text but the date and time is now the time that I put my SIM into the phone, not the actual date and time that the SMS was sent is there any way to fix this?

I also accidentally deleted a few sentimental texts (I'm a sap ><), so my other question is that is there a way to transfer SMS to SIM card? I've searched forums and saw the transfer to email/PC thing but nothing about transferring them to SIM....unless I missed something....

Thanks!

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: SMS/SIM/Date and Time?

Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    so my other question is that is there a way to transfer SMS to SIM card? I've searched forums and saw the transfer to email/PC thing but nothing about transferring them to SIM....unless I missed something....
    Thanks!
    Option-->SMS text-->Leave Messages on SIM card-->Yes.

I realize that you can leave messages that are already on SIM but is there a way to transfer new SMS to the SIM card? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As for the date/time thing: most mobile phones will by default store SMS on the SIM. However, when the SIM is inserted into a BlackBerry, it will stamp the SMS on the SIM with the time that you turned on your BlackBerry.

I don't think there is any way around this.

I would suggest to not store SMS on the SIM; there is extremely limited SMS slots on a SIM (~ 100), and when that is full, the first in is the first out.

If you leave your SMS on your BlackBerry, you have virtually unlimited SMS storage space.

If you want to "archive" SMS, this will happen when you Backup with Desktop Manager. Then you can the program which reads the .ipd file to extract your SMS and export it to any number of file types.

Wow great thanks!! That's great info!
    What program would I need to read the .ipd files and go about extracting the messages?

Ok, tried to use ABC Blackberry and it works like a charm. One more question: If I were to export the SMS to transfer to another phone, what extension would I have to export it in? Any help is appreciated...

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

ABC BlackBerry is the app I was thinking of, I just couldn't remember the name before.

I'm not sure about the SMS thing. I've never thought about that; though you're not the first. I have a non-BlackBerry friend who is always saving SMS on her phone; I don't know why.

What's the significance? Is it purely sentimental?

I'm curious.

Yes and no, for me it's mostly sentimental...but I have had a few instances where I needed that particular text because I was in a lawsuit. =\ Not fun times...at that time I saved the text on SIM, and just switched the SIM card out for a new one (sim swap) just IN CASE I lost it. With the SIM swap, the SIM is then rendered useless BUT still contains the information like date/time and phone number it was sent from. It was very important evidence.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I thought the program was ABC Amber. My be I'm wrong though.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

It's ABC something-or-other. And since it's on my windows computer at work, and I'm at home, I can't verify. But I was testing that app out, and it's very functional, and if extracting the data from the .ipd is important for anyone, then that app is what you want.

Law suit & SIM, that's enough to satisfy my curiosity.