Hi, I am in the UK on Vod, when I get an SMS from someone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

amjb71 no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS shows +44?

Advertisement

Hi, I am in the UK on Vod, when I get an SMS from someone in my contacts list, it shows the number as +44xxxxxxxxx and does not show the persons name, but when they call it works normaly (as in shows the number correctly and there name) can anyone help?

Thanks

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SMS shows +44?

Quote Originally Posted by amjb71
    Hi, I am in the UK on Vod, when I get an SMS from someone in my contacts list, it shows the number as +44xxxxxxxxx and does not show the persons name, but when they call it works normaly (as in shows the number correctly and there name) can anyone help?
    Try this:

1) Go to Call Log
    2) Scroll up to the blank line
    3) Click the button to the left of the "pearl"
    4) Select Options
    5) Select Smart Dialing
    6) Make sure that Country Code says "+44" and National Number Length is set to 11

Hope that helps

amjb71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, what a star!! Vodafone did not know how to do that!!! Thank you very much!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That Smart Dialing setting will also have an effect on phone numbers which appear as links, in messages (email) and the browser too. The end result is that when you click on a phone number link, the Phone app will dial it properly, stripping out punctuation and automatically adding the "+" and "country-code".

Works great!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

amjb71, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like you're good to go with this problem. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kk_bb no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah.. however, if you have it saved in your phone book with +44 it wont recognize anyone calling with 07777..... any solutions for that? and if someone calls from another country it wont work? i dont understand how blackberry has problems with this. EVERY major phone companies phones can recognize the difference between the two? i think if there is no solution ill have to sell mine as its way to complicated when i travel. unless of course someone has an idea?