blackberry pearl it is not receiving text messages (sms), have had friends text me and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

burgess no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS problems

Advertisement

blackberry pearl

it is not receiving text messages (sms), have had friends text me and they don't arrive. in addition to this i do not receive sms messages that tell me i missed a call.

also, maybe liked to the above problem, my inbox messages have vanished. about a weeks worth of messages.

any help appreciated

thanks

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    I had this problem often with my 8100. It seems to be a memory leak issue. Once your memory becomes full it'll erase emails, sms, call logs and even percent you from rcving messages. The best thing I could do was to remove any unnecessary programs, keep the internet cashe cleared, and constant battery pulls.
    I hope that helps you out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i don't use the internet facilities at all so will i still need to clear the cache?
    have done a battery pull
    thanks Joe

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Quote Originally Posted by burgess View Post
    i don't use the internet facilities at all so will i still need to clear the cache?
    have done a battery pull
    thanks Joe
    If you never have and never will use the internet, you probably won't need to clear it. If you have used it, go ahead and clear it just to be sure. Other than that, just make sure you don't have too many programs, media, and themes loaded. Also, watch for certain themes and programs that seem to adversely affect your memory. For example, I know that Viigo can really use a lot of my memory and I end up having to do a battery pull after using it for a while.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you do not use internet you should not have any cache to clean, however it still would not hurt to look and clear it out if there is any. Also you can delete any unused apps and themes to free up some memory. You can also press and hold alt + lglg and clear the event logs
    Make sure you have a memory card and all media is stored on it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks guys

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you don't use the internet but get things by push then they will accumulate in that cache. If you don't clear it out then that could cause congestion and excessive memory usage.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict