I just got the Blackberry Pearl and really like it. But I ran into a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

SMS Problems

Advertisement

I just got the Blackberry Pearl and really like it. But I ran into a problem. SMS and MMS used to work before, but now it doesn't. I have been playing with settings a bit but I don't think I've changed anything. It used to work well -- up to this afternoon. When I sent an SMS, it used to put a "sent" one in my message list, and when I got an SMS, it went straight to my message folder.

But this evening, nothing happened. When I sent an SMS, it disappeared. I tried to send myself one to test it, but the message indication went on for like a second, but the message didn't show up anywhere. I can't receive. I tried to send another SMS to another phone and it worked, but I don't seem to be able to recieve SMSs on the Pearl anymore. What is going on?

Help, please.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: SMS Problems

maestrowork, Welcome to PinStack.

What theme are you using? Do you have the Hide Sent Messages turned On in Message Apps? Open the Message App Menu and select View Folders, Scroll up to the SMS Inbox and SMS Out box and see if your messages are there.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

AnewBerryMan no está en línea Stack level 2

I also got a Question, Im new to the BB. I've just switch over back to TMO cause verizon was a pain in the butt. I got used to verizon txt messaging. I was wondering if their is way the BB indicate txt messaging confirmation saying it has been sent ?!?!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes first go to Options>SMS text>and make sure "Delivery Reports" is on

Now when you send a SMS it should have a checkmark next to it and a D when its delivered.

Also welcome to the Stacks
    Fresno, CA here 2

AnewBerryMan no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey thanks alot for the greeting. another question, what if it's just a checkmark and no D ? again thanks alot.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

If you set the option as I stated above, then it sounds like its not delivered to the persons phone yet.

Can you check with them?

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

When you send a message to someone using sms or mms and a check mark appears only.....keep an eye on it, the check mark might turn into a "D" when the person turns on their phone.

Unless its supported by the carrier the other person is using they may not receive it. My friend has Verizon and He has totally eliminated the option of sms, mms. Verizon can turn of the function.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Before the thread jacking, did you change any options related to SMS?

Sounds as though you may have changed the delivery method from GSM to GPRS, which will not work, unless supported by your carrier.

starking21 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question like many others. I'm new to the site. When i recieve video's from frieds whether its a fwd or personnal. MMS deletes it, or it is unsuitable for my terminal. I understand about video's being too large. Is there any programs where I can maybe change the size or at least view the video?